Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Join us—Where your Career is a Force for Good!
Why Choose Us?
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. When you join our team, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission, and you can help save lives every day. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
We are committed to the diversity of our workforce and to delivering our programs and services in a culturally competent manner reflecting the communities we serve. Our work environment is collaborative, respectful, and inclusive with a focus on building allyship and a culture of belonging that empowers all team members. Come to learn, grow, and succeed while sharing your passion for making a difference.
The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural and community resource groups for employees and volunteers. From the Ability Network, our Asian American & Pacific Islander Resource Group, the Latino Resource Group, and Red Cross PRIDE, to the Umoja African American Resource Group, our Veterans+ Resource Group, and the Women’s Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
At the American Red Cross, your uniqueness can shine!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Manage the recruitment operation of sponsors and donors for mobile allogeneic blood products to ensure achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual collection goals in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible in assigned district. Develop and implement strategies for recruitment efforts, implement staffing and deployment policies, implement region, division and national operating procedures and policies, serve as liaison with chapter executive staff and Board volunteers, remedy efficiency issues, and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE GOOD:
- Assist in developing and supporting established strategic direction for recruitment efforts of assigned district to ensure achievement of assigned collection goals and organizational objectives.
- Ensure collection calendar is developed and maintained to meet the needs of the region and the budgeted collection goal.
- Oversees the implementation of recruitment plans and programs among assigned staff to ensure achievement of collection goals.
- Working with department and regional leadership, plan overall recruitment methodology for assigned district to assure effective donor group and volunteer development and chapter support with input from recruitment staff, participating chapters, and Board and Committee members.
- Ensure the implementation of region, division and national recruitment programs designed to meet particular needs (e.g., blood type distribution, holidays, etc.) to ensure the availability of blood products when and where they are needed.
- Ensure the timely implementation of region, division and national directives and adherence to standard operating procedures, including appropriate staff training, to comply with national, federal or other regulatory requirements.
- Monitors, evaluates and adjusts donor scheduling, donor flow and customer service issues in collections operations in collaboration with Collections District Manager to enhance the donor experience to contribute to achievement of organizational goals.
- Performs periodic operational audits to assigned area to assess efficiency and effectiveness of current methods to improve productivity in support of organizational goals. Assists region management with budget planning and monitoring to assure sufficiency and efficiency utilization of financial resources to achieve stated collections goals.
- Develop and supervise assigned staff in accordance with human resources policies, including performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, and hiring and firing decisions, to enhance success of operations and minimize turnover.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, sales, communications, or equivalent combination of related education and experience required.
- Minimum five years related experience including three years management experience required.
- Knowledge of group dynamics, direct sales, customer maintenance techniques, negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively, assimilate information quickly, analyze problems and implement appropriate solutions are required.
- Must have the ability to work independently while developing a functioning team among subordinates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including training, presentation, and negotiating skills is required.
- A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required. Ability to work on a team.
- May be required to travel to sites throughout the Red Cross organization.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU THE COMPETITIVE EDGE:
- Master's degree preferred.
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
- Medical, Dental Vision plans
- Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
- PTO: Starting at 15 days a year; based on FLSA status and tenure
- Holidays: 11 paid holidays comprised of six core holidays and five floating holidays
- 401K with 5% match
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and recognition
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights