WHY CHOOSE US?
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. When you join our team, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission, and you can help save lives every day. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
We are committed to the diversity of our workforce and to delivering our programs and services in a culturally competent manner reflecting the communities we serve. Our work environment is collaborative, respectful, and inclusive with a focus on building allyship and a culture of belonging that empowers all team members. Come to learn, grow, and succeed while sharing your passion for making a difference.
The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural and community resource groups for employees and volunteers. From the Ability Network, our Asian American & Pacific Islander Resource Group, the Latino Resource Group, and Red Cross PRIDE, to the Umoja African American Resource Group, our Veterans+ Resource Group, and the Women’s Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
At the American Red Cross, your uniqueness can shine!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE JOB:
We are seeking a Salesforce Senior Developer to hit the ground running to join our highly customized Salesforce environment. The Salesforce Senior Developer will be working closely with other developers to ensure all code is consistent with architectural standards and design for the Biomedical Services Group. This position is part of a collaborative team, responsible for understanding business requirements, LOE estimation, custom development and maintenance of code, code review, updating of technical documentation, and writing unit test scenarios.
The Senior Developer has the skills and experience in advanced programmatic capabilities (Apex, LWC and Visualforce) of the Salesforce Platform and data modeling to develop complex business logic and interfaces. You will be responsible for providing technical guidance, mentoring, and leading the team towards successful delivery of both enhancement and run & maintain projects.
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work 100% remotely from home and can be located anywhere in the United States working East coast hours. (9am – 5pm EST core business hours)
This is a fulltime/ permanent position and not available for C2C or C2H.
WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE FOR GOOD (Key Responsibilities):
• User Interface development, including Lightning pages, Aura Components and Lightning Web Components
• Develop Apex (classes and triggers), Visualforce (based on specific requirements) to extend Salesforce as needed
• Develop declarative components of Salesforce to the business specifications outlined including lightning flows
• Develop Salesforce Integrations using APIs, Webservices, etc.
• Build custom Force.com applications.
• Adhere to Salesforce best practices, maintain code documentation, and write/maintain test classes to ensure coverage for all custom development
• Troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
• Adhere to development lifecycle and release processes, to ensure all risk, security and development requirements are met.
• Manage the support of Salesforce release processes and environments including sandboxes and scratch orgs.
• Actively participate in design and sprint planning sessions, offering relevant solutions and input.
• Estimate level of effort for stories and/or epics based on business requirements and knowledge of the platform.
• Participate actively in all Scrum events.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
Scope: Individual contributor that works under limited supervision. Apply subject matter knowledge. Capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge.
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (required/minimum qualifications):
• Minimum 8+ years of experience as a Salesforce developer required.
• Platform Developer II certification is required.
• Hands on Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining Aura and Lightning and Web Components (from scratch)
• Extensive development experience with Apex Classes/Controllers, Apex Triggers, Visualforce and lightning components
• Web Services development or experience with the Salesforce APIs (REST/SOAP/Bulk, etc.)
• Experience with Salesforce Connect, integrations using Platform Events and Change Data Capture
• Experience with DevOps Tools like GIT, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Flosum etc.
• Understanding of the Salesforce product suite including Salesforce1, Sales Cloud, Experience Cloud (Communities) and AppExchange solutions
• Nice to Have – experience with Skedulo AppExchange Solution
• Understanding of integrating Salesforce with other internal ancillary systems like data warehouse etc.
• Understanding of Salesforce security model
• Ability to identify and remediate technical debts in the platform.
• Mulesoft knowledge is a plus.
• Demonstrated understanding of the architecture, capabilities and constraints of Salesforce applications required.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent communications skills
• EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
* Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted).
PAY INFORMATION: The starting annual salary range for this position is $130K - $140K. We do not offer an annual bonus for this role. Note that American Red Cross salaries are aligned to the specific geographic location in which the work is primarily performed. Other factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. **We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location & experience.**
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work, retirement, getting healthy and more. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance and learn.
• Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans
• Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
• PTO + Holidays
• 401K with up to 5% Match
• Paid Family Leave
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
• Service Awards and Recognition
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights