WHY CHOOSE US?
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. When you join our team, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission, and you can help save lives every day. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
We are committed to the diversity of our workforce and to delivering our programs and services in a culturally competent manner reflecting the communities we serve. Our work environment is collaborative, respectful, and inclusive with a focus on building allyship and a culture of belonging that empowers all team members. Come to learn, grow, and succeed while sharing your passion for making a difference.
The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural and community resource groups for employees and volunteers. From the Ability Network, our Asian American & Pacific Islander Resource Group, the Latino Resource Group, and Red Cross PRIDE, to the Umoja African American Resource Group, our Veterans+ Resource Group, and the Women’s Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
As a Quarantine and Labeling Technician, you will perform final product labeling of all blood products, retrieve products for quarantine, evaluate products for release for patient use. A QL Technician will work independently with a high volume of work with minimal supervision.
WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE FOR GOOD
• Manufacture, label, and store blood products according to applicable Red Cross policies and procedures.
• Receive and review test results, run labeling program and processes.
• May irradiate/x-ray of blood products for special orders.
• Manage sample tubes and prepare for shipment; appropriately manage any exceptions, and ensure products are suitable for release to distribution.
• Meet the quality and quantity production and distribution goals established by the department.
• Prioritize workload to meet production and customer requirements.
• Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated with component production, labeling, storage, and sample tube management, perform disposition of unacceptable products/samples when necessary.
• Operate, maintain and perform validation and quality control checks on equipment.
• Maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations for products/samples and ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
• Analyze and make decisions based on visual inspection and information provided from other departments to meet time requirements and quality standards.
Standard Schedule: 3rd shift position with the hours 11:00PM – 7:30AM, Monday - Friday with rotating weekends
Pay: $20 plus $1500 sign-on bonus
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
• High School or equivalent required.
• Minimum 2 years of related experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and related experience preferred.
• Good computer skills, attention to detail, accurate documentation, and good decision-making skills.
• Ability to use a wide variety of lab or medical equipment.
• Ability to use a personal computer and applicable software for sustained periods.
• Good communication skills. Ability to work on a team.
• Frequently lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs unassisted. Frequently required to push carts weighing up to 100 pounds on flat flooring or ramps. Frequently required to stand for long periods, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
• Able to withstand temperatures in a typical blood banking environment including refrigerators and freezers
• Associates degree in science a plus
Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Frequently lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs unassisted. Frequently required to push carts weighing up to 100 pounds on flat flooring or ramps. Frequently required to stand for long periods, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch. Able to withstand temperatures in a typical blood banking environment including refrigerators and freezers.
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
• Medical, Dental Vision plans
• Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
• PTO + Holidays
• 401K with 4% match
• Paid Family Leave
• Employee Assistance
• Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
• Service Awards and recognition
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights