The candidate selected must be within 40-mile commute of the DC Proper area.
ABOUT SUSAN G. KOMEN
Susan G. Komen brings a home office based working environment for each specified local community. We are a force united by a promise to end breast cancer forever. For over 30 years, we've led the way funding groundbreaking research, community health initiatives and advocacy programs in local communities across the U.S. and in more than 30 countries. Susan G. Komen is the ONLY organization that addresses breast cancer on multiple fronts such as research, community health, outreach, and public policy initiatives to make the biggest impact against this disease.
Komen strives to have a culture of passionate, growth-minded professionals who thrive in a team environment, and work collaboratively to inspire greatness in others! We take an ongoing approach to ensure open communication from all levels throughout the organization. It’s encouraged to give and receive feedback to ensure two-way accountability with a focus on continual improvement both personally and professionally!
What you will be doing in the role of Development Manager, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia
The Development Manager serves as a leader and member of a community-based fundraising team for Susan G. Komen. This position will play a key role in the implementation of a year-round fundraising program. The Development Manager will assist in reaching the local market revenue goals.
The key fundraising program and focus of the Development Manager will be the MORE THAN PINK Walk/Race for the Cure: the signature events for Susan G. Komen. This will include recruitment, retention and cultivation of corporate teams, top fundraisers, survivors / those living with metastatic disease, as well as executing the logistics of the event. This position will also be responsible for managing other revenue-generating activities for the market as decided but the market leadership.
What you will bring to the table
- Assist in the development and execution of year-round fundraising plan and budget to meet revenue goals for the Market.
- Working in collaboration with Community Development leadership and staff in local market, region and nationally, as well as, National Race/Walk Managers, execute strategic fundraising plan for year-round engagement and cultivation of participants of the market MORE THAN PINK Walk/Race for the Cure events to meet revenue goals.
- Expected to meet monthly fundraising goals for MORE THAN PINK Walk, Race for the Cure, third party events, individual giving, employee engagement. and maintain budget in line with organizational guidelines.
- Support Development Director in the strategic execution of revenue generating activities outside of the MORE THAN PINK Walk/Race for the Cure series to drive revenue.
- Prospecting, soliciting, and cultivating corporate engagement throughout the market area.
- Work in collaboration with national corporate partnership team to cultivate and activate national partners.
- Assist in the management of communication with key constituents which include top fundraisers, top team captains, sponsors, and volunteers.
- Develop and execute creative ways to motivate and interact with MORE THAN PINK Walk Team Captains and participants to aid in retention efforts.
- Adhere to best practices and event timelines and drive accountability by the team. Ability to keep participants, donors, volunteers, and staff on track and motivated to reach revenue goals.
- Work cross functionally with other Development Managers on larger national strategies.
- Provides leadership in building confidence and a strong working relationship between the community and Susan G. Komen as an organization.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Susan G. Komen mission and programs to promote the field and campaign fundraising initiatives.
- Maintains productive and collaborative relationships with all Komen staff; participates in regional and enterprise projects and committees as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
We know you will have
- Bachelor's degree (Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Nonprofit Management, Social Entrepreneurship; other equivalencies considered) and minimum 3 years’ experience in fundraising, special events and team management.
- 3 years fundraising experience overseeing $500K+ in revenue, through peer-to-peer fundraising events, major gifts, and sponsorship.
- Ability to close face to face sales and sponsorships.
- Strong volunteer recruitment and management skills and demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service and motivation to business and social leaders.
- Excellent planning, organizational and follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated professional and mature interaction with other staff and leadership volunteers, sponsors, donors, and others to engage them toward the achievement of revenue goals.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with varying priorities at one time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively speak and present to individuals including high net worth donors, executive corporate management as well as small, mid-size and large groups.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the market and work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Familiar with the community and local non-profit space.
- Must be willing and able to travel through geographic service area.
- Work Experience: 2 – 5 years
- Travel requirements required outside of your home office will be up to 30% or more depending on our business needs.
So, what's in it for you?
Komen believes in the importance of taking care of our employees so that in turn they can be committed to supporting our critical mission to support those impacted by breast cancer and to help find cures. This is what Komen provides away from the computer:
- Competitive salary 45k-65k; exact compensation ranges are based on various factors including but not limited to the labor market, job level, internal equity, and budget. Offers given will take into consideration the candidate’s skills, education, experience, geographic location and other necessary credentials.
- Health, dental, vision and a retirement plan with a 6% employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Flexible work arrangement in a fully remote working environment
- Bi-weekly work from home stipend
- Parental leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A culture of learning and development
- And so much more!
Komen provides a remote and/or home-based working environment for all active employees. Komen defines remote as the ability to work from any physical location within the U.S. where an employee can perform specified work duties without disruption or distraction. Komen defines home-based roles as positions that are required to reside in a specific market. Work schedules for both remote and home based are determined by the organizational needs of each department.
Susan G. Komen is fair and equal in all its employment practices for persons without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. Additionally, we embrace Diverse Teams & Perspective, and we find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
SORRY NO AGENCIES