HSBC was born from one small idea: a local bank serving international needs. We started our business in Hong Kong in 1865. In 2015, HSBC celebrates its 150th year anniversary. Over the years, HSBC grew through expanding its branch network, offering new products and establishing its own investment banking arm.
We aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and ultimately helping people fulfill their hopes and realize their ambitions.
• Located in 72 countries and territories
• Serving around 48 million customers
• Supported by over 268,000* people
• Head office in US is New York City
Valuing difference is a c ore principle at HSBC . We know that we achieve more when we bring people together, in business and in communities.
HSBC is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture where all employees are valued and respected. Our philosophy is to connect with difference. Embracing different ideas and perspectives helps us respond to the needs of our customers and our people, and support the communities in which we operate.
Our employees represent some 159 different nationalities and we speak approx.145 different languages.
We know that we’re only as good as the people we employee, that’s why we ensure that the benefits we offer to our employees are the best of the best . Benefits include:
• Health insurance plan
• Competitive 401 k plan with great match opportunities
• Paid time off plans: at least 10 paid holidays/year and PTO starting at 20 days off/year
• Discretionary performance plan, hard workers are rewarded for strong performance