PeopleTec, Inc. is currently seeking a Junior Simulation Software Engineer to support the Combat System Simulation (CSS) contract in Dahlgren, VA.
The Junior Simulation Software Engineer must provide the Warfare Systems Engineering and Integration (V) Department at NSWCDD with simulation software engineering expertise capable of performing studies, analysis, tradeoffs, requirement analysis, design, development, assembly, test, accreditation and documentation and/or enhancements to existing combat system interface simulation, test and analysis systems associated with Combat System Development and Life-Cycles engineering support.
- Combat System Functional Areas include: Current and future Navy Combat Systems, such as: AEGIS, Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD), Ship Self Defense System (SSDS), Littoral Combat Ship (LCS), Fast Frigate (FF), DDG-1000, Coast Guard and their associated sensors, command and control systems, weapons, navigation and communications interfaces.
- Joint Combat System Programs and associated sensor, command and control, weapon, navigation and communication interface.
- Link 11, Link 16, STJ (Satellite Tactical Data Information Link J), Joint Range Extension (JRE), Link 22 and variants thereof.
- Network centric and non-real-time information exchange systems (e) Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC).
- Distributed Interactive Simulations (DIS), High Level Architecture (HLA), Test and Training Enabling Architecture (TENA) distribution standards.
- Voice and data communications systems and capabilities.
- Analog subsystems to include Radar, Navigation, and Audio signal generation.
- Combined Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) and Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Trainer (CIAT).
- Combat System and Simulation System virtualization.
- Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
- Desire familiarity/experience with Navy Combat System Simulation Systems: Aegis Simulation Test and Training System
- (A-STATS), Next Generation Simulation (NGS), Common Connectivity Device (CCD), Universal Message Generator (UMG), Multiple Link System Test Training Tool (MLST3), Clock Distribution System (CDS), and ON-201/568 Emulators and other digital and analog voice communications simulations
- Experience necessary to design, develop and maintain complex, real time combat system wrap around simulations.
- Experience includes C++ software development and maintenance experience and experience in software integration testing with combat system wrap around simulations.
- The Junior Simulation Software Engineer's experience include utilizing computer program development tracking tools that capture all new development requirements, tracks computer program defects, and accurately reflects current implementation status of each item.
- In accordance with (IAW) DOD/DON Cyber Security Workforce (CSWF) requirements, able to qualify and work in an IT Level-I designated position.
- Travel: 0-10% of the time. Locations may be within the CONUS or OCONUS.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- A Secret Clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this clearance level during employment.
A completed Bachelor's Degree in related field with at least 2 years of simulation software engineering experience and at least 2 years' experience simulating Navy Combat Systems.
***This opportunity is contingent upon a contract award to PeopleTec***
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.