Major Gifts Coordinator
Harvard Graduate School of Education
Duties & Responsibilities
This position serves as principal administrative and coordinator contact, and liaison for external and internal constituencies including donors, alumni, deans, faculty, and Harvard University colleagues. Has direct responsibility for the coordination of all information and calendar for two senior fundraisers.
• Performs necessary support duties for 2 major gift fundraisers which includes supporting the Sr. Associate Dean, DAR. These duties include but are not limited to: preparing agendas for officers' travel and internal meetings, drafting briefings, drafting and editing correspondence, and running donor reports.
• It also involves managing the officers' calendars, confirming appointments, making travel and accommodation plans, and reconciling officer and decanal expenses.
• Collaborates with colleagues in shared work activities.
• Responsible for implementing and coordinating logistics for small cultivation and stewardship events, and will drive appropriate follow-up process with major gift officer.
• Assists with the coordination and execution of essential internal and external meetings.
• Conducts internet and database research on donors, and collaborates with the University's research department. The coordinator will work with University Research team with identifying, editing, and managing the process for submitting requests to the University Research office/relaying results.
• Contributes to briefings for senior level administrators, faculty, and the dean by preparing the first draft and making the document ready for officer input.
• Pulls, organizes, and analyzes donor lists for use in prospect and pipeline development.
• In coordination with data operations team, maintains officer pipelines and dean's priority prospect pipelines, and keeps data accurate and updated according to the donor life cycle.
• Performs administrative duties to support officers such as entering trip and other contact reports into ADVANCE database system.
Performs other duties as required in response to the changing needs of the department.
Works independently, with minimal supervision, as well as in a team.
2-3 years of administrative experience. Occasional overtime will be required.
Any applicant wishing to be considered for this position must indicate that they meet all of the basic requirements in either their cover letter or resume.
Applicants wishing to be considered must supply a cover letter in addition to their resume.
Please attach resume and cover letter as one document.
We regret that the Harvard Graduate School of Education does not provide Visa sponsorship.
About the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Many choose to work at the Harvard Graduate School of Education because they believe in our mission and are excited by our vision for the future. We have a reputation as a great place to work, for our excellent leadership, and we are a strong community which values diversity. For more information about HGSE, its programs, research, and faculty, please visit: www.gse.harvard.edu
USA - MA - Cambridge
Development & Alumni Relations
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.