The Office of Finance (OF) is seeking an experienced Senior Payroll Accountant to join the Accounting team. Working closely with our internal team of professionals, this Accountant is responsible for completing the company’s semi-monthly and unscheduled payroll using Automatic Data Processing (ADP), ensuring timely and accurate calculations of information related to benefits plans, and providing excellent customer service. Quarterly and annual responsibilities include companywide planning, budgeting and forecasting for salary and benefits, and preparing compensation-related disclosures for the Combined Financial Report (CFR).
Major Responsibilities include:
PAYROLL & BENEFITS
- Process information changes, calculate deductions and benefits related adjustments, and process benefit reimbursement payments (provided by WageWorks) into ADP.
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal tax withholding requirements.
- Reconcile ADP reports to bank statements and General
- Prepare journal entries and wire transfers for each payroll.
- Coordinate with HR to manage third-party HR vendor resources such as brokers and consultants.
- Administer base pay and incentive compensation plans in accordance with the OF Board approved policies.
- Participate in the implementation, calculation and administration of the variable pay programs (e.g. annual and deferred incentive programs).
- Prepare and maintain reporting such as End User Computing (EUC) spreadsheets and the Compensation, Disclosure & Analysis disclosure for the CFR.
- Recommend improvements to payroll processes/procedures and accurately coordinate modifications to the payroll system.
- Administer benefit plans to terminated and retired employees in accordance with plan provisions.
- Provide data in a timely manner in support of internal and external audit teams.
BUDGETING AND FORECASTING
- Support Accounting Operations in budget analysis and projection preparation for the salary and incentives budget.
- Develop, prepare, and maintain standard and custom reports to support budgeting and forecasting requirements, including salaries, incentives, and benefits.
- Analyze variances and identify trends with regards to compensation program performance.
- Calculate and provide information on the supplemental benefit plan contingent liability and total vacation liability.
- Calculate the software capitalization accrual reported annually to the FHLBanks.
Qualified candidates will offer a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5-7 years of related experience. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of accounting concepts, Defined Contribution and Defined Benefits in multiple employer plans, and experience with the ADP Workforce system. The FHLB-OF is seeking a highly organized individual with strong analytical skills and high attention to detail. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required.
This position offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and work environment and is based in Reston, VA.
FHLB-OF is not currently sponsoring work visas or transfers. Green Card or citizenship required. FHLB-OF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter via this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=fhlbof&jobId=95065&lang=en_US&source=CC3
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payroll and Benefits Administration, Financial Analysis-Research-Reporting, Corporate Accounting