HOURS: 10:00AM – 7:00PM (EST)
The Customer Sales and Service Representative II handles requests from new or existing residential customers over the phone. Consults with customers about product and service needs, researches customer account inquiries, and makes product recommendations. Meets individual and department metrics and contributes to one call resolution and customer satisfaction.
Performs job duties consistent within safety, legal, and regulatory requirements; company standards, culture and business practices. Acts with the highest level of business and personal ethical standards in all aspects of job performance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Handles incoming calls and responds to customers inquiries; interviews customers, analyzes customer needs, makes product and service recommendations and professionally turns each call into a sales call. Follows department policies and procedures; and ensures proper account notation and record-keeping.
• Focus is on revenue generation and customer satisfaction.
• Responsibilities include accurate and timely completion of service orders, payment posting, payment research, bill and account investigations.
• Supports department objectives by participating in special assignments/projects and meeting daily, weekly, and monthly department expectations.
Contributes to departmental activities and programs by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Data entry and computer skills
• Communication and listening skills
• Excellent sales and analytical abilities
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must be dependable and punctual
Required Education & Experience:
In order to accomplish the essential duties of this position, the incumbent must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. and two to four years of related experience.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, and the work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment is primarily that of an office setting.
FairPoint Communications reserves the right to change or revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.
FairPoint Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
General-Other: Customer Support-Client Care