Provide in person health insurance application assistance to individuals, families and small businesses through the NY State of Health Marketplace. This position requires meeting individuals and families at various sites in Monroe County.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provides in person assistance to families, individuals and small businesses seeking health insurance through the NY State of Health Marketplace.
- Educates the enrollee about the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, Child Health Plus, The Essential Plan and Qualified Health Plans offered through the NY State of Health Marketplace.
- Assists enrollee with health insurance enrollment
- Assists small businesses with enrollment in the SHOP Exchange
- Advocates on behalf of enrollees to ensure health insurance coverage
- Attends local community events to provide education and awareness about the NY State of Health Marketplace and the Affordable Care Act.
- Agrees to operate as a neutral party in the health plan selection
- Distributes NY State of Health insurance materials in English and other appropriate languages.
- Attends Navigator State Training to be trained and certified.
- Attends monthly Navigator meetings.
- Respect the confidential nature of certain information you are exposed to in the course of your work performance.
- Will abide by the specific procedure and policies outlined by both New York State and Federal regulations and HIPPA requirements.
Skills and Experience: To be successful in this position, you will need:
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college with Associates Degree in Human Services field, or related field preferred and (1) year of paid full-time or its part-time equivalent experience in a professional interviewing capacity in various commercial, insurance, or government business settings to include interviewing experience involving personal, claims, unemployment, customer service in responsible public contact work such as social welfare-oriented experience in such field as claims evaluation, insurance, unemployment, disability, etc., and similar health and human relations areas.
- Must possess a valid class D NYS Driver’s License and must have access to a motor vehicle in order to meet the transportation requirements of this position.
- Must speak fluent Spanish
- Customer Service experience required
- Experience in Human Services desirable.
- Strong communication, organization, and analytical skills.
- Strong telephone skills including clarity and engagement.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with others; community based In-Person Assistors, and consumers.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Recognizes and values diversity within the work environment. Participates as a member of the CCSI staff team in valuing individual differences and supporting one another’s opportunity to achieve their greatest potential.
- Respect the confidential nature of certain information you are exposed to in the course of your work performance and employment.