What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a global leader in packaging and paper with manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia and North Africa. Its businesses include industrial and consumer packaging and uncoated papers. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., the company employs approximately 65,000 people and is strategically located in more than 24 countries serving customers worldwide.
International Paper’s vision is to be one of the best and most respected companies in the world. A company of substance in everything we do, from the products we make, to investing in communities, to protecting our environment, International Paper supports communities where our employees live and work.
Responsible for maintaining all converting and corrugating equipment to minimize downtime.
- Practice safe work habits at all times.
- Demonstrate ability to parallel all rolls, make all required settings and adjustments for optimum equipment performance to manufacture quality products.
- Demonstrate ability to teach other maintenance classifications in all qualification requirements and proper maintenance procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot programmable controllers and troubleshoot and repair all A/C and D/C drives and their control systems use.
- Demonstrate ability to use all aspects of the maintenance software program.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and schedule maintenance work, assign work to other maintenance classifications according to their abilities and limitations.
- Follow up all work in order to insure repairs and work are performed properly.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by maintaining the machinery to run at available capacity and speed.
- Complete all paperwork neatly, correctly, and in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Willingly work all necessary hours and shifts.
- Help maintain good housekeeping in work areas.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- High school diploma or GED and five years of maintenance experience with at least one year with the same employer.
- Highly qualified candidates would possess a technical degree or apprenticeship certification
- Provide own tools necessary to perform maintenance tasks.
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
- Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
- Product layouts and production specifications
- Product quality specifications
- Quality standards
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License and/or other appropriate certification to work in certain areas or on certain equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The performance of the employee will be measured as follows:
- Operating standards - the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the employee.
- Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and his/her superior.
- Employee relations - through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
- Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.
Interested candidates that meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to submit resumes to internationalpaper.com/careers.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.