The marketing consultant will provide critical and relevant business metrics and insights to further MassMutual’s growth in acquiring and retaining diverse customers through all distribution and marketing channels. The consultant is responsible to support market development & deployment efforts through ongoing analysis, research, and recommendations of new initiatives based on consumer / market insights. The incumbent will help integrate consumer segment business objectives into key marketing and sales plans based on growth analyses and projections. The individual will track and report meaningful segment metrics at all levels (e.g., by ethnicity, sales channel, product, firm, etc.), identify real-time growth opportunities and make relevant recommendations and adjustments. S/he will initiate, interpret, and apply market research, market trends, consumer insights, competitive intelligence and demographic data on a timely basis.
- Commission research and interpret findings to aid in decision-making and value proposition deployment with target segments
- Promotes a deeper understanding and insight into diverse segment sales by distribution channel and product line throughout the consumer life cycle. Develop and provide meaningful metrics to monitor growth and assess opportunities.
- Partner with MMUS Finance to assess segment profitability / ROI
- Coordinate shared business development goals with accountable business partners
- Articulate insights and identify ways to improve an integrated marketing approach that supports key diverse consumer segments (Multicultural, LGBTQ, Special Needs, etc.).
- Quantifies business intelligence with economic models to evaluate current growth and new opportunities; presents findings clearly and makes recommendations for action.
- Seeks out new market insights and business opportunities through research and analysis.
- Communicate business goals, results and opportunities, and creating consistent exposure within key business partners (MMFA, DTC, Worksite, Product, Service & Ops) to achieve shared organizational goals and maximize collaboration.
- Stay abreast of competitive developments (product offerings, marketing tactics, areas of focus).. Maintain professional network in and outside of MassMutual to add value and context to multicultural customer acquisition and retention aspirations.
- Be active, visible and effective at key business partner huddles and other critical venues to accomplish the above.
- BA in Marketing, Business or Communications; Master’s degree highly desirable
- Be the expert and advocate of diverse markets and act as a resource for key stakeholders
- Works collaboratively across functional areas and willing to challenge existing assumptions
- Stays on top of diverse market trends; identifies and articulates consumer needs and business opportunities
- Builds internal and external partnership and utilizes personal influence to bring positive changes
- Drives continuous improvement and efficiencies beyond own scope of responsibility
- Has a keen understanding of diverse markets
- Has well-developed communication skills, outstanding writing and presentation-building skills
- Brings hands-on experience in supporting multicultural markets business or marketing strategies
- Competent in current marketing tactics and media vehicles including digital / social media
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams and a multicultural range of partners, including marketing, sales, product, service, training and employee resource groups
- Experience in working with various sales distribution channels
- Able to adapt, learn, and thrive in potentially ambiguous circumstances and lead others to success
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, visually and strategically
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- Individual typically has 10+ years of related experience (consumer analytics, reporting, data science, business strategy, research) preferably in financial services industry
- Bilingual in a foreign language is a plus
- Consummate professional comfortable working in a team environment with a strong work ethic
• Focus on the Customer: Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency.
• Act with Integrity: Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards and adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies
• Value People: Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences.
• Work Collaboratively: Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources
• Achieve Results: Focus on winning; consistently exceed expectations, beat the competition
MassMutual Financial Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.