PeopleTec, Inc. is currently seeking a Network Support Specialist to support the SMDA2S contract at our El Paso, TX location.
The ideal candidate will provide to JTF-N an on-site support-desk and call support team acting through and by authority of the JTF-N Director J6. The contractor shall support the J6 support-desk during normal JTF-N duty hours. The support-desk represents a key contact point between J6 and personnel within the command. As such, the support-desk shall be operated in accordance with the highest standards of professionalism support and will provide a vital link to ensuring quality of on-site support. In addition, the contractor may be required to travel to forward-based team sites to perform maintenance activities. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide monthly status reports to contract leadership denoting action items completed and/or in work by the Support Desk team.
- Work with Directorate Headquarters Support Chief to validate/document/resolve site outages and provide recommendations/mitigation strategies to mitigate future recurrences and to identify, document and coordinate/work unit projects through completion.
- Work with team to identify current and future technologies that will enhance current mission support.
- Provide input/subject matter expertise regarding new technology acquisition.
- Attend and participate in vendor meetings respective to emerging technologies and installations.
- Serve as site coordinator for hardware and software installations.
- Attend and participate in directorate leadership meetings/engagements in support of unit mission operations.
- Work with Directorate Headquarters Support Chief to identify, document and coordinate/work unit projects through completion.
- Senior Systems Administration of all Windows Servers, and provide end-user technical support as assigned via helpdesk support tickets.
- Duties include: build of servers, install, configure, support, upgrade operating systems and application software on all servers.
- Manage, support, and administer enterprise servers, loading patches/updates, perform routine operational maintenance, and monitor system backups.
- Management of all DNS, DHCP, WINS, and SMTP servers.
- Monitor all Windows related systems by reviewing application and system logs to identify possible problems such as hardware failure.
- Administer, manage, update and maintain MS Windows Active Directory Domain consisting of several hundred users, workstations and servers.
- Administer, manage, update and maintain VMWare Infrastructure (ESXi Enterprise Servers) within Nutanix platforms, NetApp Controllers and High Speed iSCSI/NFS Storage. Maintain Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (300 plus Windows 7 virtual desktops) brokered by VMware View Horizon and deployed by Unidesk Platform.
- Provide multiple system support for various server applications to include Active Roles, SMS, IAS, WSUS, Symantec Ghost, McAfee Antivirus, SQL, FootPrints Service Desk, CA ArcServe, SolarWinds, and many others.
- Coordinate directly with Information Assurance to patch scan and maintain DOD Government standards for Security and network/server/client systems protection.
- Coordinate system improvements and upgrades with the user community and maintaining a master schedule for preventive maintenance tasks.
- Assist Network Engineer in maintaining Palo Alto Firewalls along with Cisco routers, layer 3/2 switches.
- Strong networking and configuration skills
- Thorough understanding in the support of computers, servers, software, networks, printers, and related peripherals
- Strong team player able to thrive in a fast-moving environment with excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to work after hour maintenance on windows
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- A Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have a Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this clearance level during their employment.
- A completed Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related field is preferred, or, candidate may substitute 5 years of applicable experience in lieu of degree.
- CompTIA Security+ is required.
- CCNA, MCITP, CompTIA Network+
- Familiarity with Network Storage, VMWARE, DNS, DHCP, WINS, and SMTP servers
- Knowledge of Routers, Switches and Firewalls
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows PCs as well as Network Operating Systems, Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory, routing protocols, wireless technologies, authentication methods (radius, LDAP, two-factor), mobile technologies, antivirus, virtualization technologies, backup systems, and network media.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number ( 256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.