Job Description:Coordinates the office activities and provides advanced administrative support activities of one or more executives as related to communications, calendar management, graphical presentations, meetings and project support. Provides support of diverse, confidential administrative and analytical support activities.
1. Communicates and handles incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the Chapter executive.
2. Communicates with all levels of management and staff to identify, research, analyze and resolve complex issues.
3. Responds to complex inquiries concerning organization policies and procedures.
4. Prepares complex correspondence, reports, studies, forms and documents for executive. Distributes documents.
5. Provides support for various projects initiated by Chapter executive; may include monitoring progress.
6. Researches, compiles and prepares data for Executive studies, reports and recommendations.
7. Manages frequently changing calendars, schedules and coordinates meetings.
8. May assist in monitoring budget.
9. Represents executive office with discretion and in a professional manner. Handles confidential information.
10. It is the responsibility of all Red Cross Staff members to recruit, train and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintaining a cooperative atmosphere for everyone. It is expected that each member of the regional management team to work with a volunteer counterpart to ensure key volunteers are utilized and ensure depth within the function.
11. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the American Red Cross.
Education: Associate’s degree or combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of experience in supporting senior executives or board members.
Management Experience: N/A
Skills and Abilities: Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to determine priorities/organize tasks while working with parallel projects/multiple deadlines. History of building strong internal and external working relationships; evidence of tact and integrity in dealing with others. Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs, seek out relevant information and provide appropriate and timely response. Maintains a high degree of confidentiality.
Other: Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Travel: May involve work in the field.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential including sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights