1. Conducts complex assay development studies.
2. Reviews progress and evaluates results. May plan and assign personnel for given projects or tasks.
3. Recommends changes in protocols or procedures.
4. Confers as needed with scientist or project leader concerning project activities, observations and safety procedures.
5. Operates a variety of scientific equipment in the project activities.
6. May supervises technologists carrying out research or development projects.
7. Testing of clinical samples.
8. Manage IRBs as principal investigator. Is contact point for external collaborators.
9. Write and submit grant proposals.
10. Performs related duties as assigned.
11. Present and/or publish studies.
Education - 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: Minimum 7 to 10 years required
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights