We are currently seeking a customer focused individual for our Order Management Customer Service Specialist position in Pomona, California!
Schedule: Day, Swing & Night shifts available. Shift will be assigned after training, so you must have open availability.
As a Blood Product Order Specialist you will:
Provide customer assistance in ordering blood and plasma derivatives and transfusion-related products and supplies. Maintain hospital inventory and return blood products within regulatory compliance.
1. Receive routine orders for a variety of blood and pharmaceutical products and transfusion-related supplies. Responsible for proper documentation and implementation of all orders received by phone, fax or other sources. Responsible for proper documentation of returned orders, credit memos, inquiries and complaints. Make follow-up calls if product needs cannot be met as expected.
2. Maintain/work with data, tools or computer programs to facilitate management and monitoring of product and service information.
3. Provide customer service to clients. Proactively communicate with hospital customers to increase customer satisfaction.
4. Maintain positive and professional communications, both internally as well as externally to provide regular product/service information and follow-up; promote teamwork. Establish priorities and make decisions within prescribed parameters while working in a team setting.
5. Assist hospital personnel with inventory alternatives when requested products are unavailable within established guidelines and procedures that assist the customers and the patient. Negotiate product/service requirements while maintaining positive rapport with different types of customers via telephone.
6. Rotate inventory of primary and remote facilities to ensure adequate supplies of products for the needs of customers.
7. Investigate and resolve hospital shipment problems. Receive, investigate and communicate related to customer concerns; complete customer concern documentation accurately and timely, then forward to appropriate individual(s) for follow-up/review.
8. Determine most economical method of transportation for hospital shipments.
9. Recognize, document and alert Management of trends in customer calls/usage. Recommends process improvements.
10. Perform other duties as necessary.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent Order Entry System, Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
Experience: Minimum 1 to 3 years required
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights