Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is “yes”, then we invite you to become a Blood Collections Materials Coordinator for the American Red Cross!
Learn more about the life-saving impact our employees have in their communities in this short video: A lifesaving mission. A life-changing career. Join us.
We are seeking an energetic and detail-oriented person to coordinate the products used in the collection of lifesaving blood products.
As a Blood Collections Materials Coordinator, you will:
- Provide support to the collections operation by acquiring, distributing and maintaining supplies and equipment used in the day-to-day blood collections operation.
- Be responsible for the delivery and return of materials to internal and external customers.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures in the work area and use applicable protective equipment at all times to prevent exposure to potentially infectious blood and bodily fluids.
Blood Collection Materials Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Acquire, distribute and maintain supplies and equipment used in blood collection or warehousing operations.
- Manage equipment and supplies (including boxes, labels and canteen supplies.
- Maintain and perform quality control of equipment and supplies, rotate inventory and ensure that supplies are stored and distributed in compliance with quality control standards.
- Take inventory and order supplies from warehouse, maintaining collections’ supply and equipment area. Fill order requisitions from mobile and fixed sites.
- Maintain appropriate stock levels and orders supplies as needed.
- Prepare kits in accordance with established directives.
- May clean and repack containers with supplies, solutions and equipment for bloodmobiles.
- Drive blood collection vehicles to load and unload required supplies and equipment where applicable and as needed.
- Prepare for deliveries by verifying orders, loading vehicles and maintaining route supply inventory to ensure prompt delivery of products to customers.
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Blood Collections Materials Coordinator describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Active Driver’s license.
- Ability to carry moderate weight is required; inventory control experience is preferred.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights