About The Ad Council
The Ad Council is a non-profit organization that represents a unique collaboration between the advertising, media, and business communities. Our mission is to identify a select number of significant public issues and stimulate action on those issues through communications programs that make a measurable difference in our society. To that end, the Ad Council marshals volunteer talent from the advertising and communications industries, the facilities of the media, and the resources of the business and non-profit communities to create awareness, foster understanding and motivate action. The Ad Council is headquartered in New York City with offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, and San Francisco.
VICE PRESIDENT, MEDIA
The Vice President, Media is responsible for directing and managing the Ad Council's outreach to more than 300 U.S. media companies, across all platforms, promoting our 40+ national public service campaigns and contributing to the $1B in donated media support secured annually. Responsibilities include strategic planning, business growth, consultative sales management, and internal leadership. The VP, Media reports to the Head of Media & Innovation and manages a team of six National Account Directors.
- Lead and coach the National Account team; provide strategic account counsel; interact with key clients; and identify, develop and execute new initiatives that drive donated media and strategic value for the Ad Council.
- Maintain ultimate accountability for the quality, strategy, and integrity of account outreach / campaign alignment, resulting in the cultivation of media client loyalty and retention.
- Collaborate with team to identify opportunities for growth within existing client accounts and present new ideas to clients on an ongoing basis.
- Own the suite of internally-built tools and reports, utilizing Salesforce, Smartsheet and Tableau, collaborating with the Analytics and IT teams to build upgrades and features to automate workflow and improve visibility into performance.
Skills & Qualifications
- Extremely smart, entrepreneurial profile with strategic vision and strong bias to execute
- Demonstrated success in reaching / exceeding revenue goals
- Demonstrated expertise in consultative, solution selling and business development skills with ability to align the customer's business needs with our campaigns to drive media support
- Highly skilled in change management practices and driving organizational process improvements
- Demonstrated leadership in achieving shared objectives in a matrixed organization, coordinating projects and services across business and organizational boundaries, and building effective cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA is a plus
- 10+ years of experience across digital and national media with 5+ years of relevant new business development, consultative sales, an/or client services experience; agency experience a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of prior staff management, development and mentoring experience required.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, and presentation skills.
- High-level proficiency in MS Office, Salesforce, and Tableau required
- Professional/volunteer experience with social causes and/or corporate social responsibility a plus
- Multicultural media and/or millennial audience experience a plus
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements and availability to http://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Join-Us.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 984-1905
or US Mail to the Advertising Council
Attn: Human Resources
815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017