Interested in building empathetic skills? Gaining confidence in therapeutic communication and clinical mindfulness? Join our multi-disciplinary team of nursing, OT and SW speaking the language of non-violent communication, trauma informed care and harm reduction to care for people living with HIV disease. Our House offers a supportive environment while serving vulnerable adults with multiple co-morbid conditions living with HIV disease.
- Providing direct care and administration of medication
- Assessment and evaluation of medical issues
- Review of daily orders
- Supervision of caregivers
- Participate in the assessment of mental health, behavior and intervention in conjunction with multi-disciplinary team
- Current Oregon Board Certified RN, CPR certification
- Experience with community based care and/or HIV is helpful but not required
- Open to work with mental illness, substance use and emotional health challenges
- Willingness to work within a model emphasizing harm reduction, community, self-determination and non-violent communication
- Strengths in teaching and empowering clients toward self-care and independence
- Computer proficiency in Word and electronic medical records
- Strong skills in organization, prioritization, initiation, verbal and written communication and collaboration
- Compassionate with strong boundaries
Benefits: Supportive work environment including: monthly trainings on topics such as mindfulness, trauma informed care, motivational interviewing, paid staff play days, monthly yoga, regular Non-Violent Communication training, therapeutic garden, discounted gym membership, robust medical and dental coverage(starting at 24 hours per week), generous PTO, tickets to fundraising dinners as available.