California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,600 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS, and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
This is a Part-Time (50% FTE), Non-Exempt Position. The MCP Field Placement and Clinic Sites Program Manager will work as part of the MCP Field Placement team and be the first point-of-contact for all Masters level Counseling Psychology practicum issues. The Program Manager is responsible for working successfully with multiple internal and external stakeholders including all MCP students, CIIS mental health training clinic sites, CIIS MCP programs and business departments, and community mental health agencies and organizations to provide information and guidance which fosters and enhances the field placement needs of MCP students and the mission and vision of CIIS. Currently there are approximately 225 students who may rotate in or out of the required practica each semester, 5 MCP-level CIIS clinics, and a total field of over 165 active external clinic sites in the Bay Area, across the USA, and, as needed, internationally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage liaison work regarding CIIS clinic sites.
- Disseminate accurate information regarding practicum policies, requirements, deadlines, CIIS and BBS (Board of Behavioral Sciences) procedures.
- Advise and consult with MCP students regarding field placement by meeting one-on-one and in small groups concerning practicum readiness, cover letters, resumes, and interview skills, and also identifying appropriate practicum and internship sites, as well as assisting in BBS paperwork
- Track student placements, site information, supervisor and student evaluations.
- Manage documentation and assessment of potential new sites and/or partnerships.
- Process Clinical Practicum Information Forms for newly approved sites.
- Plan and conduct regular practicum information workshops for MCP students.
- Maintain and update practicum database and spreadsheets, Field Placement web pages, weekly newsletter, Communications media updates, agency files, office files, information area and bulletin boards.
- Produce regular reports and presentations on practicum and clinic data.
- Manage timely completion of required Supervised Fieldwork Agreements, follow up with students, sites, MCP program coordinators, and CIIS departments as necessary.
- Manage and process external site supervisor evaluations: follow up as necessary to ensure timely receipt.
- Assist in planning and organizing yearly Practicum Fair.
- Maintain field placement handouts and BBS forms.
- Supervise part-time student worker as allocated. Ability to assign and evaluate tasks such as data entry.
- Manage Criminal Background Check process for all MCP incoming students.
- Cultivate relationships with out-of-area community organizations to introduce and promote CIIS, explain what our MCP programs encompass, and the needs of our students with support from the Director of Field Placement as needed
- Perform additional duties as requested.
- Effective administrative experience in a higher education setting.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills; able to work effectively with a wide range of departments, groups, and personalities within CIIS and in external field placement/social services communities.
- Effective and professional oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative, prioritize, meet deadlines, and suggest creative problem-solving.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as collaboratively in a team-based setting.
- Excellent office and project management skills: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, FileMaker Pro.
- Experience with small database maintenance and generating reports.
- Familiarity with BBS regulations regarding field placement and licensure of MFTs (Marriage and Family Therapists) and LPCCs (Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors).
- Familiarity with Bay Area field placement resources related to counseling psychology.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/r42vc496sfmhdxz8