Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Are you interested in both challenging and rewarding opportunity with the world's largest humanitarian network? By joining the Red Cross for the summer, you will touch lives and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best.
Training people how to respond to and prepare for emergencies is a core mission of the American Red Cross. We offer a range of health and safety classes that teach new skills, keep our students knowledgeable, confident and ready to respond in almost any emergency situation. Making a difference in the lives of others is what the American Red Cross does.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Coordinator to work in our Fairfield, NJ location.
Job Description Summary
The Project Coordinator, PHSS Life-saving Awards Program, is responsible for developing and executing a process to elevate the PHSS life-saving awards program, high-lighting the importance of our life-saving mission. Working with PHSS Leadership, the position will be responsible for developing a program that recognizes individuals and groups for life-saving actions. The position will be responsible for working with subject matter experts within PHSS to map an efficient and effective process that will ensure success of the program within PHSS, across the organization, and with external stakeholders. The position is responsible for developing mechanisms to track awards from submission to presentation, including ensuring compliance with organizational requirements.
- Design an efficient and effective process to track all components of the life-saving awards program. Work with PHSS subject matter experts to evaluate current process and update accordingly. Identify an application that will automate the process from submission to presentation of the awards.
- Work with marketing resources to ensure inventory levels of award materials, including medals and pins, are maintained.
- Work to ensure that all submissions are moving through the process and that all tasks, including the signing of permissions forms and writing of citations are completed.
- Work with marketing resources to create visual materials, including videos, that will promote the program to internal and external constituents. This should include all staff and volunteers across the enterprise, as well as all PHSS customers.
- Develop and implement a plan that will increase the visibility of the program, both internally and externally.
- Create a recognition program including the development of criteria that showcases significant save stories.
- Track, report and provide analysis on monthly performance. Work with department leadership to resolve issues related to process breakdowns.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience.
- Experience in project management a plus. Certified Project Management certification preferred.
- Proven ability to work with internal business units and with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in the creation and execution of projects.
- Strong organizational and excellent customer service skills a must.
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic and multidimensional environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration required.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and process tracking software.
- Knowledge of Red Cross structure and operations preferred.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights