Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The Project Coordinator is part of a team that is responsible for supporting the assessment, analysis, validation, deployment and support for the Desktop Refresh project. The Project Coordinator will report to the Desktop Refresh Project Manager and will work across multiple regions and divisional leaders, client staff and issue areas, managing the relationships, schedule, data acquisition and implementation tasks of the project. At a high level, the Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating project timelines, project resources and project communications, making sure that tasks are completed. Project Coordinator activities also include managing resources in the delivery of project documentation, status reports, estimates, timelines, end user documentation, etc. This role will work closely with the business liaisons, security, server, Service Desk and related IT teams to gather business requirements and implement the project’s tasks. The Project Coordinator position requires frequent and close contact with IT managers, business analysts, contractors, consultants and vendors. The individual in this role must be able to function with minimal direction after initial explanation of a task and be able to provide creative solutions to various types of situations.
- Responsible for the coordination of multiple efforts with business unit representatives, management, and leadership in the context of client expectations while prioritizing tasks/deliverables, enforcing timelines, communicating status and delivering on-time, onbudget with optimal quality.
- Highly self-motivated and focused to complete tasks required without management oversight; essentially, needs to be able to get things done without waiting for someone else to do it
- Lead assessment activities and data validation efforts
- Manage training, support, shipping and logistics for delivery and placement of refreshed devices, as well as device disposal
- Interface with 3rd party solutions providers on several key projects to ensure delivery of a quality solution.
- Provide regular status reports to Project Manager and key stakeholders while assisting in strengthening the business relationship management and portfolio management processes to ensure there is a clear understanding of business demands, new programs, projects and initiatives. Key Responsibilities (Cont.) :
- Ensure that standards and best practices are understood and followed while providing recommendations to IT Management on ways to improve processes and service levels.
- Responsible for the implementing project management principals and follow the American Red Cross PMLC process as defined by the PMO.
- Responsible for working with Red Cross sourcing group, vendors and internal SME’s to develop communications, training and supporting documents.
- Participate in business meetings with Lines of Business representatives and internal IT groups gathering requirements, secure consensus and building project business case, schedule and deliverables.
- Interface with Project Manager for updates to scope, issues, risks, progress, changes and budget impacts.
- Collaborate with the ITIL cross functional process owners such as Change, Release, Configuration, Incident, Capacity, Performance, and Problem Management so that these processes fully enable IT infrastructure performance.
- Lead project implementation and facilitate communication among all project teams-- account, user experience --and outside vendors.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of project coordination/management related experience in information technology within complex organizations.
- Knowledge in all aspects of the project management life cycle and with the application of quality assurance, change management and other disciplines/processes related to the support of information technology applications and software products.
Specific qualifications include:
- Proficiency in Project Management methodology.
- Experience as a Project Coordinator supporting and implementing highly scalable and high performance information technology applications and solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology Certification, or equivalent Project Management work experience.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights