The American Red Cross is a strong network of volunteers, donors and partners who are always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
The Northeast Florida Chapter of the American Red Cross has a part-time opening for a Business Operations Coordinator in Gainesville, FL. This is a part-time position, working 20 hours per week M-F.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Business Operations Coordinator provides transactional support for operational and administrative functions of the Region (including, but not limited to, daily finance transactions, local vendor relationships, front desk/reception coordination, record/reporting, facilities management, fleet management, HR, IT, etc), is the lead system user/trainer for software business applications and provides operations backup support for the Region in the absence of the COO/CAO.
1. Lead System User/Trainer for Business Applications and IT Services: Utilizes appropriate systems and supports staff in their use. Troubleshoots phone and computer issues for Region. Reviews and assists with tech services requests.
2. Facilities/Asset Management Support: Ensures repairs are completed within budget and appropriate system is used to pay vendors. Develops and maintains relationships with vendors. Obtains proposals for potential new vendors.
3. Fleet Management Support: Maintains fleet inventory records. Ensures appropriate and timely maintenance. Follow up with estimates/repairs.
4. Events: Participates in event planning meetings. Maintains insurance certificate applications, financial collection processes, and appropriate forms and codes used for regulated items including alcohol for Special Events
5. Reports/Data Information: Supports various internal reports.
6. Operations SOPs: Provides training to ensure consistent processes/procedures related to operations functions throughout the Region.
7. Volunteer Coordination: May coordinate and train volunteers to assist with less complex daily transactional work such as data input, clerical support, etc.
Education: Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business or Public Administration required. Applicable experience may be applied towards education requirement but must be in addition to years experience required below.
Experience: Minimum 2 years’ financial or facilities administrative support experience in community organizations, government agencies, non-profit organizations or business. Experience working effectively with volunteers and board members. Experience in coordinating finance and administrative functions including information systems and facilities.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work to maximize team performance and meet customer expectations. Excellent organizational skills and ability to work with attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain collaborative work relationships within the organization and with external stakeholders.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights