As the nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization, RAINN is a dynamic organization focused on victim services, public education, public policy, and consulting services. With the national conversation focused on sexual assault and harassment, there has never been a more important time to join the fight against sexual violence.
RAINN's visibility is at an all-time high. As a member of RAINN'S Communications team, the Community Outreach Coordinator will work with key constituencies to elevate RAINN's message and grow prevention efforts, focusing on college campuses, the Spanish-speaking community, and RAINN's Speakers Bureau.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will report directly to the Vice President of Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute outreach and communications strategy to promote hotline services and RAINN materials to Spanish-speaking communities.
- Work with press secretary to pitch interviews to bilingual news stations.
- Manage and grow partnerships with affiliate/partner groups.
- Assist with development of marketing materials.
- Assist VP of Comms with growing entertainment portrayal of sexual violence on television shows filmed in Spanish.
- Increase RAINN presence, influence and engagement on college campuses.
- Grow Prevention Navigator program.
- Manage RAINN Day and grow participation during Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month.
- Create new relationships with campus communities, administrators, faculty members and student groups.
- Develop outreach strategy for media surrounding college campuses.
- Travel as necessary (10%).
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years professional experience coordinating and organizing community outreach or communications activities.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and high attention to detail.
- Must be both literate and fluent in Spanish and English and able to pass a proficiency test given during the interview process.
- Ability to multi-task and manage immediate, short-term, and long-term projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of grassroots, direct outreach and ability to grow programs.
- Strong personal initiative, team player, self-starter.
- Commitment to RAINN's mission and goals.
- Background in PR, crisis communications, or media relations preferred.
- Must complete a criminal background check (administered by RAINN).
There are no harmful environmental conditions that are present for this position. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above describes the general content of requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of the essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
Submit resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and samples of past social media campaigns to VP, Communications at: https://rainn.applicantpro.com/jobs/.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please no phone calls.
General-Other: Business-Strategic Management, Brand-Product Marketing, Social Service, Marketing Communications