As the nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization, RAINN is a dynamic organization focused on victim services, public education, public policy, and consulting services. With the national conversation focused on sexual assault and harassment, there has never been a more important time to join the fight against sexual violence.
RAINN's visibility is at an all-time high. As a member of RAINN'S Communications team, the Community Outreach Coordinator will work with key constituencies to elevate RAINN's message and grow prevention efforts, focusing on college campuses, the Spanish-speaking community, and RAINN's Speakers Bureau.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will report directly to the Vice President of Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase RAINN presence, influence and engagement on college campuses.
- Grow Prevention Navigator program.
- Develop outreach strategy to promote hotline services to Hispanic community.
- Execute communications plan to promote RAINN to Spanish-speaking community.
- Work with press secretary to pitch interviews to bilingual news stations.
- Grow Speakers Bureau participation and proactively pitch Speakers Bureau members to national organizations and local groups.
- Manage RAINN Day and grow participation during Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month.
- Manage and grow partnerships with affiliate/partner groups.
- Assist VP of Communications with growing entertainment portrayal of sexual violence on college campuses and in Spanish language television shows and news programs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years professional experience coordinating and organizing community outreach or communications activities.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and high attention to detail.
- Must be both literate and fluent in Spanish and English and able to pass a proficiency test given during the interview process.
- Ability to multi-task and manage immediate, short-term, and long-term projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of grassroots, direct outreach and ability to grow programs.
- Strong personal initiative, team player, self-starter.
- Commitment to RAINN's mission and goals.
- Background in PR, crisis communications, or media relations preferred.
- Must complete a criminal background check (administered by RAINN).
There are no harmful environmental conditions that are present for this position. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above describes the general content of requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of the essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
Submit resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and samples of past social media campaigns to VP, Communications at: https://rainn.applicantpro.com/jobs/887384.html
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please no phone calls.
General-Other: Business-Strategic Management, Brand-Product Marketing, Social Service, Marketing Communications