The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. For more information about the Ringling, please see the "Other Information" section.
Our Advanced Sales Associates are one of the first to interact with museum visitors over the phone and play an important role in providing an excellent customer service experience.
Associates will be performing a variety of tasks to include:
- Selling tickets for all Ringling functions over the phone.
- Processing credit and debit card payments remotely.
- Processing membership payments and other invoices as necessary.
- Working closely with Admissions and Membership departments in person, over the phone, and via email.
- Checking the advance sales email account to process invoices that are received.
- Answers the Switchboard, addresses all general questions, and transfers all other calls to appropriate staff/department.
- High school diploma/equivalent.
- Previous phone work experience.
- Ability to work with the computer ticketing system.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to make patrons feel welcome over the phone using interpersonal and communication skills.
Previous experience with Tessitura is preferred.
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. From its inception, The Ringling has joined the diverse visual traditions and theatrical spectacle of yesterday with the genre-defying global practitioners of today. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling’s campus in Sarasota, Florida--which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater and bayfront gardens--is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
$11.25 per hour.
Advanced Sales Associates also receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum stores
- Discounts on select performances/events
- Free museum admission and much more!
This is an OPS/Part-Time Job.
Primary working hours are between 1:00 PM and 6:00 PM Monday to Friday. Approximately 24 hours per week. Weekends, evenings, and holidays may be required per the needs of the Ringling.
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
OPS employees are covered under the Affordable Care Act. OPS employees that meet certain criteria will be offered affordable health care coverage. For more information, please visit the following website regarding the Affordable Care Act, http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/insurance/insurance_home&ops=1.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
We would like to invite you to visit our careers site to complete your application.
1. Select the link to access our careers site.
2. Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
3. Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.