Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 52 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, etc. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. The organization's programs focus on conserving wildlife, restoring habitat and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change. To support our mission, we seek a Network and Security Specialist to join our Strategic Business Operations Information Technology team in Reston, VA.
In this role you will be responsible for key areas of network and cyber security technology management, operations and strategy. You will ensure the smooth operation of the voice and data network for maximum performance, security and availability. Ideal candidates must have experience with and working knowledge of technology infrastructure: hardware, software, connectivity, backup/replication, monitoring, and implementation of back end application services, and experience with security protocols and processes: preemptive network security services and measures, implementing incidence responses, post-event documentation.
Network and Team
- Plan and implement projects involving setup, configuration and monitoring of network devices (i.e. servers, routers, switches, firewalls, load balances, SAN, etc.) throughout NWF including offices and co-location facilities.
- Perform network troubleshooting techniques to isolate, diagnose, and resolve problems.
- Support VPN services including provisioning, monitoring and management of methods for remote users.
- Maintain documentation and diagrams for IT-managed systems, upgrades, proposed system changes. Keep operational documentation up-to-date for operational resilience.
- Serve as a point of contact for vendors and contractors on projects which require outside support. Ensure appropriate resolution during service/network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Support IT Helpdesk with system problems as a Tier3 ticket responder
- Anticipate IT changes that both provide opportunities to stay modern and maintain operational excellence.
- When required, work outside NWF’s normal business hours to troubleshoot, or perform maintenance and/or upgrades. Includes on-call rotation with other IT Network team staff and external support vendor.
- Collaborate with IT Team members to set team goals and manage tasks, and communicate across Strategic Business Operations (SBO) teams and with business users as advantageous to the organization.
- Serve as a project team member on SBO department projects. These can be led by other teams with tasks related to IT, or IT-driven projects.
- Role model for living NWF values: Collaboration, Empowerment, Inclusivity, Mindfulness and Mission Focused.
- Conduct regular security audits, implement testing strategies, prepare security status reports, educate users on NWF’s security posture, create security documentation, assist in disaster recovery and perform responsibilities as outlined for this role in our Incident Response Plan.
- Advice the Incident Response Team and other stakeholders on existing vulnerabilities and needed actions and technology/service acquisitions to resolve, also plan for where the world of cybersecurity is heading.
- A professional industry certification or corresponding years of experience in networking systems, information technology, or network security.
- 3 or more years’ experience working with networking systems, network security and information technology.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of technology and security trends: network access control (NAC) systems, firewalls, routers, incident response techniques, intrusion prevention systems, information security methodologies, authentication protocols and different attack types
- Possess or be willing to acquire Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification during employment.
- Possess technology skills and hands-on experience in physical and virtual server and network infrastructure, vendor relations and acquisition of server and networking hardware/software
- Firm grasp of current and emerging Information Technology, knowledge of IT infrastructure, networks, LAN’s, WAN’s, SAN’s, Backup/Recovery, Security and Telephony (VOIP)
- Results driven: Ability to understand and focus on the most important issues; comfortable with intensity of deliverables and the need for high-level decision-making
- Time management skills to address a wide variety of projects and tasks simultaneously. Flexibility is also necessary to reprioritize time quickly
- Creative problem-solving skills: Owns problems and applies “can do” approach in navigating through ambiguous and unprecedented situations
- Excellent verbal, visual and written communication; able to work effectively with different audiences, including non-technical and highly technical personnel
- Technical Aptitude: Understanding and/or the ability to develop understanding of NWF’s lines of business
- Advanced skills in Windows Server, VMWare, Active Directory, DNS, registering and applying SSL Certificates, Cisco Networking, Wireless Networking, Windows7 and Windows 10 environments
- Ability to lift equipment up to 50 lbs.
There will be some travel in this role, approximately three times a year. There will also be some availability needed during off-hours for planned and unplanned priority project work and trouble-shooting.
The National Wildlife Federation offers excellent benefits, including 16 weeks of paid FMLA leave, competitive compensation, and a family-friendly, flexible work environment.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/DEIJ.
If you have a disability and require an accommodation or assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can help by calling us at 703-438-6244.
If you meet more than 75% of the qualifications of this description, we support your application. If selected, a background check will be conducted.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.