Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
This position operates within a matrix team, which involves the performance of data management, ETL, data analysis and data visualization product development in Disaster Operations and Logistics and within Disaster Cycle Services (DCS). This position will be responsible for the implementation of data ecosystems including data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based platforms designing and executing test cases and helping to define design standards. This position also requires significant project management skills and troubleshooting ability. The position reports to and receives personnel development from the Situational Awareness and Decision Support Director.
- Support and advise DCS in the operational development and use of ETL systems and processes, operational data, and data visualizations regarding the development and implementation of DCS Programs and systems.
- Work closely with end users of DCS-generated and/or DCS-provided data to ensure data converted correctly and programs work as planned.
- Assists with or creates and edits technical writings.
- Assists with or creates data load related architecture and technical design.
- Development and maintenance of database systems to extract, cleanse, transform, load and maintain data.
- Coordinates and develops process automation/job scheduling and develops ETL mappings.
- Performs testing, code reviews and defect analysis.
- Analyzes and improves existing data processes and systems.
- Develop and support volunteers who are the primary workforce. Engage volunteers as equal team members with specific responsibilities as part of their work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience
- Hands on T-SQL and Quality Assurance Processes
- Test Cases with SSIS, SSRS, and SQL and open to learn other tools.
- Business Intelligence reporting
- Data modeling, ETL Architecture, and report design.
- Technical writing
- BI tool/MicroStrategy, GIS and IDQ experience.
- Background or experience with statistics and data science
- Database management
- Experience with programming, scripting or statistical packages (Python, R, SQL, etc.)
- Experience with project management
- Candidate must be able to work in a team environment.
- During DOCC activation, all members of this team are responsible for supporting disaster operations, which requires working non-standard hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- This position requires ability for problem solving, data analysis, technical writing, project management, strategic thinking, and process improvement.
- Individual must be analytical, customer oriented, organized, and able to operate with an external and strategic focus.
Other Requirements: This position requires familiarity with:
- ARC programs and procedures
- ARC disaster assessment and damage assessment programs and procedures
- Volunteer Management
- Financial Management
- Cultural Competency
- Emergency Management Practices
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights