PeopleTec is currently seeking a Help Desk / Network Support to support our El Paso, TX location.
Candidate will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software.
- Respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problem, and determine and implement solution
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone
- Write training manuals
- Train computer users
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem
- Walk customer through problem-solving process
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software
- Clean up computers
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
- Install computer peripherals for users
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur
- Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
- Ability to use PC, Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills, Interpersonal and People Skills, Listening Skills, Multi-Tasking Ability, Oral and Written Communication Skills, Organizational Skills, Presentation Skills, and Public Speaking Skills
- Monitor tasks for the communication and automation support desk
- Monitor various information technology (IT) systems
- Respond appropriately to client requests and problems
- Perform initial problem analysis and triage problems to technical staff
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows 10 workstations, MS Office application suite, and Adaptability
- Travel: 10%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
Associate's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is required. 1-3 years experience in Help Desk Support, Network Technician, or IT technician capacity is also required.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Balancing, Bending, Define Color Depth Perception, Field Of Vision, Grasping, Hearing, Inside Work But Limited Environmental Controls, Light Work, Normal Requirements Lift 20lbs, Poor Ventilation, Sedentary Work, Talking, Walking, Working With Computers, Working With Data, and Working With Numbers/Figures
- Security+ Operating System certification
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.