NBC5/ WPTZ-TV, the Hearst Television station in the Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market, is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Photojournalist/Satellite Truck Operator position. This member of our team will spend several hours each day out in the field shooting, editing, and executing live shots for stories. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and up-to-date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to shoot on Sony XDCam, GoPro, iPhone, and edit in Adobe Premiere and utilize the ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work to the station. FAA drone license and operation a plus.
During work hours, you’ll be in our brand new, state-of-the-art facility. In off hours, you’ll be surrounded by some of the best ski areas in the country, scenic mountains, and some of the most beautiful waterways in the country.
- Drive and operate ENG or SNG van used for live news stories, as well as scheduled events and breaking news.
- Operate and help troubleshoot video, audio, RF, baseband, signal processing, transport and transmission equipment. Perform and log routine checks and maintenance on van and equipment.
- When not operating the SNG van, will shoot and edit, vo’s, vosot’s and packages for broadcast and digital properties.
- Efficient operation of ENG van, SNG van and TVU backpacks.
- Complete daily inspection of SNG van.
- Experience performing satellite operations in a News environment preferred. Will train the right candidate.
- Must possess a valid license, have an excellent driving record and be familiar with operation of larger vehicles. (19-23’ in length) References and motor vehicle record will be checked.
- Position requires flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, as well as extensive travel within the Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market and adjacent markets.