The American Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) mission is to provide care and comfort to the members of the United States Armed Forces and their families. It is the impetus for the establishment of the American Red Cross (ARC). SAF at the Red Cross is a mixture of both tradition and innovation. ARC continues to provide traditional support to military families; serve in military and veterans hospitals, and conduct emergency communication. But, we also continually adapt our traditional services and create new programs to meet the needs of today’s military member, veterans and their families.
The American Red Cross is currently seeking a full-time Regional Program Specialist to support the Service to the Armed Forces program at Fort Riley (KS). This position is a full-time mobile position, which requires strict medical and security clearances, as well as the condition of worldwide deployment as needed.
The SAF Regional Program Specialist supports the delivery of American Red Cross programs and services to meet the needs of United States military members, veterans and their families in accordance with Red Cross policies and procedures. This is accomplished through working with volunteers and other Red Cross departments to support strong visibility for SAF programs throughout the Fort Riley community.
1. Relationship Management Support and Community Outreach: Supports building relationships with military leadership, key organizations and community leaders. Cultivates relationships and partnerships with external constituents in the local community, including government organizations, corporate partners, civic organizations and other community charitable and nonprofit agencies with the purpose of furthering the mission of the Red Cross. Outreach includes command meetings, education briefings, presentations or information sessions.
2. Volunteer Management Support: Supports a volunteer program to meet the workforce model and to enable delivery of SAF programs and services. Assists in the supervision of volunteer staff. Works closely with Regional Volunteer Services to develop and implement strategic regional SAF volunteer program. Helps ensure volunteer staff ratio reflects the diversity of the population being served.
3. Service Delivery: Ensures the delivery of SAF core services to all clients within their jurisdiction. Supports the other lines of ARC service to ensure the delivery of Preparedness, Health and Safety Services training, disaster preparedness and response, and Red Cross Blood Services. Services may include use of case management system, presenting briefings, collection of data, providing needed materials, and outreach within the community.
4. Reporting & Admin Support: Monitors and reports on the outcomes and results of programs and services to ensure organizational accountability and makes recommendations for continuous improvement to ensure metrics are consistently met.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, human resources management, community organization, social or health sciences, or related field; or relevant equivalent experience is preferred. Associate’s degree with 5 years of experience or other combination of education and experience which provides an equivalent background is acceptable.
Experience: A minimum of three years related experience is required. Viable candidates must have a valid driver's license.
Skills and Abilities: Requires strong computer skills. Public speaking skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing are required. Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in an individual or team environment. The ability to balance multiple priorities is essential. Experience with American Red Cross programs and services is desired. Familiarity with military culture, regulations and protocol is strongly desired.
Mobile position requirements:
• U.S. citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance and a no-fee U.S. passport.
• Mobility is a condition of employment and an essential function of this position.
• Must accept work assignments to deployment locations in or near conflict areas, where the American Red Cross is providing services to members of the military.
• Must meet strict medical and physical requirements, including immunizations required by the U.S. military.
• May be required to wear military uniforms, and live and work in harsh and stressful environment in conflict areas.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights