Open Until Filled
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Navy-1025; Marines-3451, 8844; Army-36A, 36B; Air Force-65F1,65F3,6F011; Coast Guard-8844
Number of Vacancies:
Chief Financial Office (Shared Technology Financial Analysis)
$5,500.00 - $7,000.00/ monthly
Hours Worked Weekly:
300 W. 15th Street, Austin Tx 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 463-5920 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page.
Applicants must provide in depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources serves a wide spectrum of customers by providing technology leadership, solutions, and value to State of Texas government agencies, higher education, and local government entities of all sizes to facilitate the fulfillment of their core missions and by leveraging bulk buying power that enables eligible customers to buy IT products and services at aggressive discounts without the need for a lengthy procurement process. DIR is a fast-paced and collaborative environment with highly motivated and engaged employees dedicated to achieving the best value for the state.
Performs highly complex (senior level) budget preparation and analysis work for Information Technology projects. Work involves coordinating budgetary activities, reviewing and analyzing operating budgets, and providing technical advice and assistance on budgetary matters. May supervise the work of others. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
WHAT WE DO
The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight their strengths in the following functions:
- Coordinates and oversees the preparation of budget and management reports s to provide management with expenditure data, trends, and recommendations. Establishes work methods and priorities and determines methodologies and techniques for performing data evaluations.
- Gathers and organizes statistical data from various internal and external sources; communicates intelligence on the data collected using policy analysis, statistical analysis, and financial analysis; Informs management of findings and explains operational impacts.
- Oversees the development and evaluation of performance and workload measures.
- Develops vendor pricing models, participates in vendor financial negotiations and monitors vendor financial compliance.
- Monitors business reports, expenditure trends, and makes recommendations in compliance with procedures, statutes, and regulations.
- Assists with invoice creation and chargeback process by designing and developing chargeback models and allocation methodologies, providing DIR chargeback requirements, participating in chargeback tool testing, authorizing vendor payments, tracking customer payments and assisting customers with invoice related questions. Performs monthly invoice preparation and validation process.
- Develops and maintains procedures for Shared Services financial processes. Evaluates and implements financial process automation opportunities.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, business, public administration, or a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in at least one of the following roles:
- Business Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Budget Analyst
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in state government budget preparation and analysis
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience participating in complex financial transitions involving chargebacks.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of accounting, budgetary, and management principles, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of forecasting methodologies
- Knowledge of automated accounting, budgeting, and forecasting programs; and of performance measurement and reporting
- Knowledge of Information Technology related services and familiarity with ITIL processes
- Ability to analyze fiscal management information to determine appropriate use of funds
- Ability to perform statistical analyses
- Ability to identify and develop budgetary reports and schedules
- Ability to accurately and efficiently work with large data sets
- Ability to identify and implement process improvement and automation opportunities
- Ability to analyze management problems and develop and present solutions, to communicate effectively, and to supervise the work of others
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet required deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers
- Ability to understand, follow and convey brief oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws
- Ability to comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations and standards
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills necessary to perform work assignments e.g. word processing, spreadsheets.
- Business Objects, CAPPS, NetPlus, ServiceNow, Microsoft Power Query or Power BI preferred
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Criminal background check
- Frequent use of a personal computer, copiers, printers and telephones
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening and talking
- Occasional bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting and climbing