Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
** This is a remote/work from home position, but ideal candidate would live in the NC/Charlotte area**
As a Business Applications Liaison for the American Red Cross, you will be part of the Biomedical Services Business Systems Integration (BSI) team working in the Product Inventory, Distribution and Quality Systems (PDQ group. You will support a portfolio of product, including the Transportation Management System (TMS) logistics system (from One Network Enterprises) and will interface between the business unit & information technology to ensure that systems design and configurations meet the needs of end users.
The Business Applications Analyst role requires you to be a natural problem-solver with strong analytical capabilities and verbal and written communication skills. Therefore, you are an innovative, solution-minded professional who can easily acquire new business acumen, enjoys technology and systems, and are passionate about getting it right. And lastly, you are a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, a keen attention to detail and solid writing skills.
- Act as a product manager for the Biomedical Services TMS software used to plan, execute, and optimize the physical movement with the ARC shipping partners of our regulated blood products and other ARC materials.
- Participate in all phases of the solution lifecycle and works closely with a variety of internal business, external business and technology partners. This includes problem identification & business requirements gathering, analysis of system enhancements, propose workflow solutions; specification documentation writing, development, testing & validation and cutover & implementation activities.
- Ensure development and configurations efforts are in alignment with business requirements.
- Lead small initiatives, manage project timelines, and lead meetings as well as deliver individual work product in support of system enhancements to COTS, SaaS and home-grown systems.
- Act as a system administrator to develop/configure, test and validate configuration and reporting software changes.
- Evaluate vendor software releases for impact to business processes.
- Work in conjunction with development manager to prioritize and coordinate software releases and to ensure that development efforts are in alignment with business requirements
- Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong academic performance (i.e. overall GPA of 3.2 or higher) is preferred.
- Experience: 3-7 years as a business analyst or project analyst for cloud-based software releases and implementations.
- Experience with TMS software or similar transportation management or logistics systems is required.
- Experience working for a large consulting firm (i.e. Accenture, Deloitte, KPMG, Slalom, Capgemini) implementing software systems and solutions is highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written). Must be comfortable with formal documentation development.
- Ability to work independently or as a part of team and comfortable working remotely as required.
- Experience with supply chain and/or logistics systems is highly desirable.
- Experience using release management and projects management tools (i.e. AHA, MS Project, Smartsheet, Trello) a plus.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights