A Better Wisconsin Together Digital Associate
A Better Wisconsin Together (ABWT) is seeking a full time Digital Associate to assist in building and maintaining digital content and working closely with the communications and research teams to implement ABWT strategies online.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage day to day content loading in a variety of content management systems. They will thrive working in a team environment to create and implement content strategies for priority issues and campaigns.
This position reports to the Digital Director and works in partnership with the research and communications team members.
About A Better Wisconsin Together
ABWT, the new progressive state communications and research hub in Wisconsin, is seeking a digital associate to join our team. We’re an advocacy organization focused on public policy and serving as a center for progressive message development, testing and communications. This is an exciting position where you will be working with a team to advance progressive values. Along with rapid response and earned media, ABWT engages Wisconsinites on issues using paid digital, television and radio communications.
This position is based in Madison, Wisconsin, but may require some travel, as well as evening and weekend hours, as needed. We are a small, nimble team working in a fast-paced environment on the frontlines of the fight to advance progressive values and policies in Wisconsin.
● Work under the direction of the Digital Director and assist in the deployment of content; developing, pulling, and analyzing digital data; and reporting on analysis of digital data and metrics toward ABWT’s goals
● Assist with website management, design and maintenance--including building and maintaining microsite and landing page content
● Track online statistics and campaigns
● Assist with online scheduling and content production
● Edit and proofread a variety of content types for the website, ensuring it meets style, tone and marketing message requirements, as well as reflecting brand standards
● Own projects end-to-end as assigned and overseen by manager
A Better Wisconsin Together · 6516 Monona Drive #244, Madison, WI 53716 · firstname.lastname@example.org · (608) 514-1640
We are seeking candidates who have strong technical skills, who understand and have experience
managing digital content and who are interested in a fast paced, team oriented environment. You should have:
● Demonstrated creative and analytical writing abilities
● Understanding of digital advocacy and proficiency with social media
● A curious work style that is innovative and data driven
● A strong commitment to working in a tight team with positive, supportive attitude
● Experience with or an ability to quickly learn platforms like ActionKit, Wordpress, ActBlue, or StriveDigital
● Technology friendly, extra credit for proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and/or other graphic design or video editing software
● An demonstrated commitment to disrupting racism and other systemic barriers in the advocacy world
Salary is between $40,000-$50,000 annually. Benefits include health and dental insurance.
Compensation depends on experience and is competitive.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line: Digital Associate.
A Better Wisconsin Together is an equal opportunity employer. ABWT will not discriminate because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, physical disabilities, sexual orientation, color, gender identity characteristics or expression, marital status, veteran status, or medical condition (e.g., AIDS, cancer). We strongly encourage LGBTQ, Women, People of Color and People with Disability to apply.