The Communication Specialist is responsible for the creation and implementation of comprehensive enrollment communication plans for prospective and continuing students. As a member of the college enrollment management team, the Communication Specialist will create scheduled and event-triggered emails, texts, and letters for all enrollment pipelines and statuses. Under the direction of the Dean of Enrollment Services, the Communication Specialist provides support with incoming and continuing student communications, through web, electronic, and print materials, including messaging to targeted student populations (by field of interest or other student attributes) to articulate institutional offerings, processes and procedures, and student success mission. The Communication Specialist translates key student development documents, web pages, and emails into Spanish. Coordinates the college’s text messaging program to ensure meaningful, timely, and standardized text communications while ensuring compliance with federal regulations such as FERPA and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). Employs best practices for effective student communications. Captures and reports analysis of campaign and user metrics. Develops and maintains close relationships across the college to identify gaps in student enrollment communications. Consults and provides recommendations to improve the communication process with students.
This position will be open until filled
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field
• Bilingual (oral and written) in English and Spanish.
• Strong writing and creative skills for multiple audiences
• Leadership and teamwork
• Ability to effectively use communication tools (ie, texting platform, CRM)
• 1-3 years of relevant experience
• Exceptional attention to detail with a track record of executing multiple projects
• Ability to exhibit strong customer service for all levels of College constituencies and members of the public.
• Ability to communicate with a diverse population of prospective students
• Ability to take appropriate steps to promote and sustain effective working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment
• Comfort with student information systems database to promote accurate data entry and reporting.
• Excellent organization and planning skills
• Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Knowledge of enrollment cycles, recruiting and communication strategies.
• Familiarity with undergraduate admission, financial aid, and enrollment processes.
• Knowledge of TargetX CRM or comparable CRM product.
To apply, please visit: http://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/16540