Do you excel in communications and seek a mission based, non-profit organization where your work will make a difference? While in this position, you will have the opportunity to create and manage content that will reach around the world while interacting with people from our 60+ member countries. The Communications Associate is a highly integral position within the communications team.
Zonta International seeks a Communications Associate who shares our passion of providing service and advocacy to improve the lives of women and girls around the world. Step into a fast-paced, interactive environment where you will contribute to the mission of a service club organization, serve our 28,000 members who come from 63 countries, advocate for the advancement of women and promote women’s rights. Our offices are conveniently located in Oak Brook, IL, (adjacent to the Oak Brook Center mall, with covered parking available) and easy access to expressways. Visit us at www.zonta.org.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will work in collaboration with internal colleagues, international leadership and key volunteers to support strategies and deliver relevant information that is engaging and inspirational. Primary responsibilities include creating, maintaining and delivering content for the organization’s websites and assisting in developing content and images for publications, social media channels and key assets. What you create will be seen and used around the world!
- Manage the layout and distribution of the organization’s monthly e-Newsletter and other email marketing campaigns and messages.
- Administer the organization’s website including creating, posting and updating website content and preparing and updating images, links and files.
- Edit and post member submitted content for website and newsletters.
- Collaborate and create graphic design materials, including website headers, images and buttons.
- Manage website document and image file library.
- Develop custom web forms, surveys and other technical ‘plug-in’ website tools.
- Manage and create high quality, multimedia content for all digital marketing channels including social media and email communications, video editing and infographics.
- Monitor digital analytics, conversions and social media mentions and provide monthly reports.
- Provide expert level proofreading and editorial on documents, scripts and slides.
- Support presentations, publications, signage and general communication needs for biennial convention.
- Respond to inquiries and member service requests received through general email accounts.
- Promote special projects that support Zonta International and the Zonta Foundation for Women mission.
- Remain current with the latest digital marketing practices to further drive success of the organization.
- Support the communications department with miscellaneous projects as needs arise.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, preferred.
- 1+ years experience in a non-profit or association environment, preferred.
- Basic skills with platforms such as Adobe InDesign, Canva and Constant Contact or other email marketing platform.
- Intermediate skills with website maintenance and design, HTML, and a content management or association management system (Zonta utilizes iMIS RiSE and Wordpress).
- Strong abilities in content creation, highly skilled in writing and editing and writing across diverse mediums.
- Experience in managing social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn).
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO desired.
- Video creation and/or editing skills are a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven commitment to achieving deadlines, yet able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Competency in MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint desired.
- Expertise in the women’s rights and gender equality space is a plus.
- Ability to work and excel in a team environment.
- Strong self-motivation and commitment to learning and retaining new skills.
Zonta provides a friendly and casual work environment. Our staff enjoys flexible work hours, excellent benefits (health, dental, vision and 401K contribution with an automatic employer contribution of 5%) and opportunities for career growth. This is currently a remote work opportunity, given the current environment; however, it will be a full-time office position, with the option to work from home two days a month, when the team does return to the office. If you are interested in gaining experience in a position where your work makes a difference and you have the opportunity to meet people from around the world, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zonta International is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marketing Communications, Editing & Proofreading, Digital Content Development