The College of Lake County has a leadership opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager in facilities to manage a staff of approximately 85 union staff and 4 non-union supervisors in the day-to-day operations of three main campus sites in Grayslake, Waukegan and Vernon Hills. Strategic leadership and planning will be provided in the areas of campus facilities work in HVAC, maintenance, grounds and custodial services. The ideal applicant will be a manager with extensive experience effectively leading a team of diverse backgrounds and talent, developing and training staff, interpreting, implementing and negotiating collective bargaining agreements, who is highly organized, able to successfully communicate with all stakeholders and drive change.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field with a minimum of 5 years’ of recent experience in directly managing skilled trades employees in a union environment;
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years’ of recent experience in directly managing skilled trades employees in a union environment.
• Minimum of 4 years of construction vendor management experience in a union environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of skilled trades including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, painting, construction.
• Demonstrated ability to budget, schedule, negotiate, and control costs
• High degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities, including negotiation skills
• Knowledge of and experience using MS Office products with proficiency in Outlook and Excel
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
• Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Collective bargaining experience
• Proficiency in use of AkitaBox Facility Management or comparable tool
• Knowledge of OSHA and worker’s compensation
• Bilingual Spanish
To apply, please visit: http://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/16648