Ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
This position is responsible for: providing oversight of Building & Construction (B&C) Test Lab Quality functions, assuring proper communication and resources for scheduling and coordination of all compliance activities in order to meet timeline objectives. In addition, responsibilities include:
- Initiating and implementing GMS quality initiatives on a regional level for B&C Test Labs
- All aspects of internal and 3rd party audits for B&C Test Labs within assigned region/location
- Writing and following up on corrective actions
- Follow and enforce all safety requirements and company policies
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Coordinate, maintain, and expand as needed all accreditations, certifications, and listings for B&C testing within assigned region/location
- Under guidance of RQM, support internal and 3rd party audit preparation and coordination; perform and/or participate in audit, root cause analysis, corrective action/preventive action (CAPA) implementation, and follow-up
- Support complaint analysis and corrective action reporting; writing and following up on CAPA related to both internal and external non-compliances, client complaints, and Quality Management System (QMS) concerns
- Act as primary resource for the regional test lab/office on quality issues
- Coordinate and provide B&C quality training, and assist in the development thereof
- Support implementation of the QMS and quality improvement initiatives on a regional level, including, but not limited to all elements of ISO/IEC 17025
- Escalate to management observed quality and compliance trends and issues in areas inspected
- Assist in developing and maintaining SOP, work instructions, datasheets, and report templates, and verify that the most current documentation is being utilized in the regional operation
- Report results of monitoring and Quality Control assessments
- Provide metrics data for required databases
- Support calibration program at regional labs/offices with supervisory responsibility over the calibration of equipment
- Provide advice and guidance on interpretations of regulatory requirements, testing standards and methods, and SOPs
- Actively partner with management to establish and communicate existing best practices and procedures
- Participate in and contribute to management reviews
- Perform other work as required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Degree in quality assurance or a closely related subject, or 3+ years directly related experience
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certified as CQA, CQT, or CQE preferred
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 (ISO 9001), ISO 17020, and/or ISO 17065 requirements preferable
- Successful completion of auditor and ISO/IEC 17025 training within 6 months of employment required
- Microsoft Office proficiency; SharePoint knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to calculate Measurement Uncertainty and Uncertainty Budgets preferred
- Competence to assist with the implementation and maintenance of the QMS required by Intertek B&C’s various accreditations and training needs
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and team building skills
- Self-motivated and assertive
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical and engineering reports, as well as product standards, and to communicate this information to other staff effectively
- Have familiarity with and be willing to participate in Quality-related organizations
- Ability to understand and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Administrative Support, Project Management, General-Other: Project-Program Management, ISO Certification, General-Other: Quality Assurance-Safety, Building-Construction Inspection, Documentation-Technical Writing