Partnerships Associate (Issues), Action Fund
- Reports to: Director of Partnerships
- Staff reporting to this position: None
- Department: CAP Action War Room
- Position classification: Exempt, full time
With Americans facing an increasing onslaught of news and media content, it has never been more important to amplify progressive policies and build up the necessary communications infrastructure to break through the noise and reach key audiences—and CAP Action is committed to leading the way.
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Partnerships Associate to join CAP Action’s amplification and distribution efforts to build the case for progressive policies and values.
A strong candidate for this role will work as part of a team that builds relationships across the progressive media landscape—both political and otherwise—in order to promote messaging and content and ultimately improve the performance of progressives online and help to close the engagement gap on progressive content. They will have a keen understanding of how content gets disseminated across digital platforms and a familiarity with progressive influencers and accounts. The Partnership Associate’s responsibilities include helping to develop the strategy for building partner relationships and identifying and pursuing opportunities on new platforms.
This is a full-time position funded through March 2022.
- Help identify, track, cultivate, and strengthen CAP Action’s digital partnerships.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and/or engagement between CAP Action and its partners, including pitching content for promotion on social media, video collaborations, messaging strategy, and more.
- Develop detailed partner-facing creative briefs, outlining full creative direction, scope of work, usage, deliverables, etc.
- Schedule and lead kickoff calls with partners and maintain creative facilitation throughout the program.
- Identify emerging partners and opportunities for collaboration within the progressive community.
- Account manage specified partnerships, serving as the lead point of contact and ensuring a strong relationship is established and a robust performance management framework to support each partner’s objectives and key performance indicators.
- Report on progress both in terms of work pipeline and performance of completed work.
- Create and maintain rosters of partners to facilitate coordination requests in a timely manner.
- Support the Director of Partnerships with research and special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- One to three years of professional experience in social media, audience development, or talent/account management.
- Strong understanding of progressive issues and the broader progressive community of organizations, elected officials, and operatives.
- Expert networking skills.
- Proactive and a self-starter.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, often in rapid-response or high-pressure situations.
- Creative and committed to innovation and experimentation.
- Open to developing new skills as needed.
- A positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefits packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position has a starting salary of $55,000.