SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
This position lead maintenance of all critical systems at all NY SXM locations. Position requires both practical and theoretical knowledge of high reliability power systems. This position will apply detailed knowledge of SXM critical systems implementation, maintenance and repair techniques, managing preventative maintenance schedules and external vendors performing preventative maintenance and service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate, maintain, monitor and repair all facets of primary owned and leased infrastructure including, electrical systems, mechanical systems, building automation and plumbing.
- Review, manage and operate all monitoring systems including BMS, electrical power, fire panel, generators and batteries.
- Support and consult with corporate facilities, engineering, operations and/or security while participating on cross-functional teams.
- Conduct periodic surveys and makes recommendations to enhance capabilities and/or correct operating vulnerabilities.
- Oversee third party contracts and ensure compliance to specifications and terms.
- Implement and supervise preventative maintenance programs for all electrical switchboard, distribution systems and mechanical systems. Maintain inspection records.
- May lead vendors, contractors and cross-functional teams in completing project maintenance and implementation.
- Associate Degree in Power Engineering, HVAC or related area or comparable field experience in critical systems environment.
- 5 years-experience supporting critical systems in a Data Center, Broadcast or comparable environment.
- Must be available to provide emergency support on a 24 x 7 basis.
- Must be able to travel to other Company locations or vendor sites.
- OSHA 10 training or equivalent safety training.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Demonstrated understanding of commercial building power generator/switchgear/ATS and UPS systems. Previous experience supporting Liebert UPS, Square D electrical gear, ASCO gear, generators a plus.
- Familiarity and understanding of building monitoring system operations.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule when needed -- i.e. deployments, hot months, emergency call, off shift, vacation coverage.
- Ability to stand, walk, climb up and down ladders, and engage in similar physical activities as necessary to access all areas of facilities to operate, repair and maintain.
- Able to maintain professional demeanor and make decisions within job responsibilities/scope in the high pressure environment that is typical of a Critical Systems environment.
- Lead vendors, contractors and cross-functional teams in managing projects.
- Troubleshooting, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Builds Effective Working Relationships.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Comfortable working with talent, artists and high profile individuals.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S
- Knowledge of commercial electrical, mechanical systems and facility operations.
- Knowledge in AutoCAD and ability to read MEP drawings.
- Operating and implementation abilities on Building Management Systems and CMMS.
- Ability to perform troubling shooting on critical system elements.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link here. #benefits
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.