PS46913-Community Relations Representative II
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
In In this role as Community Relations Representative II, you would be responsible to develop and maintain new contacts and/or partnerships with housing agencies in the community. Adapt and implement focused outreach activities to assist an ethnic group or segment of the population.
This role will be based out of the Lincoln Welcome Room and will include travel in Lincoln and surrounding areas.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage strategies within a specific territory or business initiative.
- Act as liaison with community advocacy groups that impacts target population.
- Identify, develop and build relationships with community organizations, provider offices, and faith-based organizations; performs activities to enhance presence in the community.
- Assist members and potential members with benefit and/or enrollments inquiries.
- Identify cultural issues regarding current and potential members and communicate issues to management.
- Coordinate all event health activities from registration and payment to event setup-up and break-down.
- Act as liaison between housing agencies and the health plan to partner with these agencies to develop and access affordable housing services for members.
- Track all marketing activities.
- Conduct marketing presentations to increase effectiveness in establishing rapport, assessing individual needs, and communicating product/benefit features and differences.
- Field travel to meet with community contacts.
- Requires an Associate Degree and 1+ years of experience in healthcare/health insurance/health promotion/public health, community outreach or social work/social services/non-profit organizations; or any combination of education and related work/field experience directly related to performing the duties and level of the position which would provide an equivalent background.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with an ethnically diverse population preferred.
- Knowledge about provider network that supports the delivery area, knowledge of plan and/or competitors value added benefits preferred.
- Knowledge of housing programs strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, social services, public health, health promotion preferred.
- Valid driver's license and access to a motor vehicle with valid motor vehicle insurance required.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Hospital-Clinic Administration, Public Health Administration, Events-Promotional Marketing, Marketing Communications, Event Planning-Coordination