Mattel Finance hires leaders. Every one of our finance professionals works in a global finance organization interacting with senior leadership and with the accountability and responsibility to grow a career. We are a strong and nimble finance department focused on driving business results in the most cost-effective manner. We pride ourselves on consistent processes, fast decisions and increased accountability.
Mattel is currently seeking a Manager or Senior Manager of US Sales Finance in El Segundo, CA. This role is a key member of the customer business team (CBT), demonstrating ownership of the business as well as managing all financial aspects of Mattel’s relationship with the nation’s largest retailers. The position reports directly into the VP North America Commercial Finance with close partnership with the account Sales VP’s.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Work closely with the account GM /VP’s and sales teams to develop and support account strategies and tactics.
- Identify risks/opportunities to the business by understanding actual results at retail and changes in the external and internal environment.
- Perform financial analyses including forecast modeling, trend analysis, sales projections, what-if scenarios, and customer P&L’s.
- Drive customer profitability analysis to evaluate & identify opportunities to improve account profitability.
- Perform ROI analysis on all account promotional programs to ensure effectiveness of spend.
- Responsible for customer policy execution and provide analytics to drive strategy & negotiations.
- Manage trade spend and overhead budgets by providing financial analysis to ensure effective spend including markdown analysis, pricing scenarios and evaluating expected results against cost.
- Communicate performance against financial plan and forecast, and work with team to deliver forecasted results.
- Provide analytical support to division finance and senior management during the development of the financial plan and forecasts.
- Partner with demand planning to maximize pricing on closeout & excess inventory.
- Represent the finance point of view in cross-functional meetings (e.g., CBT meetings, executive management customer business reviews, and shipping forecast meetings).
- Lead cross functional system adoption, enhancements & analytics related to Trade Spend.
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of management, internal and external
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- High degree of initiative, drive, confidence, and resilience
- Executive presence & leadership skills
- Flexible and teamwork oriented
- BA/BS (Finance preferred); MBA or CPA preferred
- 8+ years work experience (6+ with MBA) for Manager level, preferably in a fast-moving consumer goods company & commercial experience
Business Analysis-Research, Financial Planning-Advising, Financial Analysis-Research-Reporting