- Serves as the Quality Manager for the Engineering and Construction (E&C) Division.
- Leads E&C efforts to improve program and project delivery by ensuring compliance with engineering Technical Lead requirements and training.
- Develops or recommends techniques for collecting, analyzing, and presenting qualitative and quantitative data to measure project quality and process effectiveness.
- Develops and maintains quality management procedures including internal and external auditing, and corrective actions.
- Manages E&C internal process audits to include preparing audit schedules, coordinating audits with process owners, coordinating training of auditors, maintaining audit logs, preparing reports, and tracking corrective actions.
This is a permanent position open to current or former competitive service federal employees. It will be responsible for ensuring the quality and consistency of design-related processes and products. Sample duties include Quality Assurance of QCP’s, Review Plans, Value Engineering (VE) Management Plan, Risk Management Plan, and similar documents; oversight of Management Internal Control Program (MICP) and Organizational Inspection Program (OIP) activities within Engineering & Construction (E&C) Division; maintenance of E&C related Quality Management System (QMS) processes; and management of the content of the E&C PRB and Engineering Management System.
Mechanical Engineering, Environmental and Geological Engineering, Electrical-Electronics Engineering, Civil & Structural Engineering, Other