Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
***As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment.****
Join us—Where your Career is a Force for Good!
Job Title - Lead Experienced Phlebotomist
Collection Specialist II
Location - Charlotte
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is “yes”, then we invite you to become a Lead Phlebotomist/Driver for the American Red Cross!
From transporting and setting up blood collection equipment at work sites, to drawing blood from donors, to charging blood drives as a Collection Specialist II with the American Red Cross you will work all aspects of blood drives at schools, offices & churches throughout Charlotte, NC and the surrounding areas. Our paid training is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice.
Collection Specialist II - Responsibilities
- Balance production, donor care & quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
- Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
- Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
- Minimum one-year experience or documented satisfactory performance as a Collections Technician II or Specialist I is required.
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication and public relations skills are required. Previous leadership experience is preferred.
- A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required. Previous truck and/or bus driving experience is desirable.
- Collections Staff that is hired with DOT driving responsibilities will be required to pass DOT physical and related requirements and be able to possess or obtain a medical certification of at least one-year duration.
- Basic computer skills desirable. Applicable local licensure if required by state directives.
- Ability to load, drive and unload vehicles with or without reasonable accommodation
- A current, valid driver's license and good driving record is required
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., occasionally physically assisting donors experiencing an adverse reaction, as well as pushing or pulling heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs (potentially up to 250 lbs in weight and with up to 75 degree angles). Physical requirements may be performed in adverse weather conditions.
- All staff work as a team to setup and tear down the equipment required to conduct a mobile blood drive. This involves loading/unloading of vehicles, pushing carts up to 250 lbs, setting up beds and handling many totes containing equipment and snacks for the donors.
- Flexibility to work long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights