Under direct supervision, supervises workers with disabilities performing janitorial work in a government/commercial setting. Participates in the evaluation of work behavior, tolerance and overall performance of assigned workers in terms of physical, mental, emotional and other occupational capabilities. Assists in relating workers' progress through work evaluation, work adjustment, and other relevant programs at community-based contract sites. Complies with assigned contractual statement of work. Completes paperwork related to contract and trainee progress/performance. On-site supervisor for the three (3) O’Hare Air Traffic Control Towers (Main/North/South) located on O’Hare Airfield property, which are 24/7 facilities.
- Complies with JCFS contractual responsibilities related to janitorial tasks and frequencies as outlined in statement of work to assigned government contract site(s).
- Assigns and instructs workers with disabilities in specific tasks. Observes and records performance, including but not limited to attendance, punctuality, personal hygiene, and productivity.
- Monitors quality and quantity of client productivity according to acceptable competitive employment levels and the requirements and expectations of the contract, including coordinating subcontractor services if applicable. Maintains a professional and/or business atmosphere in the work environment.
- Assists in developing and implementing individualized program plans that prepares workers to achieve the highest level of vocational development.
- Oversees training of consumers in conjunction with Case Manager or other related staff. Provides worker evaluation documentation and participates in appropriate meetings/staffings to identify vocational and occupational obstacles.
- Produces regular Agency and/or contractual documentation/reports, including but not limited to quality control inspections, safety inspections, payroll, service/utility call logs, line-item/project work sheets, and client rehabilitation and productivity reports, through handwritten and/or electronic process.
- Provides back up to Program Case Manager in support of client issues.
- Follows prescribed safety procedures. Acts to ensure safety for self, client workers and government employee personnel.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with professional standards. Works cooperatively with co-workers and maintains congenial relationships with Agency employees, clients/consumers, government employees and outside representatives. Demonstrates empathy and concern in client/consumer interaction. Complies with all appropriate Agency policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum 3-6 months related experience/training/education in the field.
- Red Cross and CPR training preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, and to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before consumers or employees of organizations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- May be called upon to address emergencies, cover direct labor if necessary, etc.
- Weekend work will be occasionally required.
JCFS Chicago offers an array of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, Paid sick and vacation time, Agency holidays, Pension, 403(b), Flexible Spending Plans, and Life Insurance.
Please visit us at http://www.jcfs.org
JCFS Chicago is committed to serving the needs of the diverse Chicago metropolitan area. Accredited by COA, Charter member of CWLA, Licensed by DCFS
JCFS Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. JCFS Chicago provides a reasonable accommodation to those who need assistance in completing this application