- Oversees a wide variety of hazardous conditions found in the operation and maintenance of locks and dams which require knowledge of federal, states and local regulatory requirements.
- Assists Field Supervisors and Collateral Duty Safety Officers (CDSO) in the application of national, state, and local codes, and engineering standards.
- Reviews project work plans for all major maintenance activities to assure inclusion of features that meet all requirements.
- Reviews and incorporates accident prevention measures to assure availability of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for control of environmental and health hazards.
- Participates in accident prevention planning conferences with OM management and project personnel, contractor representatives, and other agency representatives.
- Reviews equipment maintenance requirements and reports to determine the need of new equipment to meet mission requirements.
- Conducts scheduled inspections of all Area projects to assure equipment is structurally sound and operated according to established procedures. Advises
Civil & Structural Engineering, Facilities Management-Maintenance