ResultsLab helps nonprofits, communities, philanthropy, public agencies, and social ventures to use data to accelerate positive change. We uniquely equip our clients with the data mindset, skill set, and tool set necessary to be more impactful in the important work they do. We engage in a variety of projects from training and technical assistance with cohorts of service providers, to one-on-one work with individual organizations, to direct evaluation services, all with the greater goal to improve program rigor, align measurement strategies to organizational/community needs, and increase capacity to use data for improvement.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Impact Consultant will serve in a client-centered role as a member of the consulting team. The Consultant will support social impact organizations by providing evaluation services, training and technical assistance for data-informed decision making. The Consultant will contribute to all aspects of ResultsLab services, including impact and measurement strategy design, data collection tool development, data analysis, data visualization, and data use practices.
Measurement Planning and Execution
- Support evaluation study design - supporting the development of learning questions and overall methodology to inform these questions.
- Support the development and documentation of measurement strategies and plans, including the identification of indicators and data collection tools.
- Design and implement surveys, interviews, and other data collection tools for designated projects.
- Lead data audits, informing the gaps between the measurement plan and actual data practice.
- Coordinate and support the selection of client data systems and corresponding implementation.
Data Analysis, Visualization, and Use
- Analyze and interpret data to plan, develop, and evaluate programs/initiatives.
- Produce compelling data products, such as dashboards, summaries and reports to communicate findings.
- Support the facilitation of data use sessions to help clients reflect on data and inform their programs and operations.
Capacity Building and Coaching
- Provide facilitation, coordination, preparation and documentation support of coaching sessions with organizations and communities.
- Support periodic training and best practice sessions for clients.
Research and Product Development Support
- Conduct literature reviews and background exploration to inform development of project/study plans, and key design and measurement products.
- Develop written materials and reports to encompass developments in program design, program implementation, performance measurement, and evaluation.
Coordination and Project Management
- Lead the development of project plans or components of plans to meet the needs of a variety of clients.
- Lead project tracking and monitoring to ensure on-time and within budget execution.
- Manage client scheduling and communication.
ResultsLab provides managed services to our clients, serving as an extension of their internal team to carry out data collection, data management and data use practices within the client organization. A portion of the Consultant role may serve as an embedded ResultsLab Impact Manager to our non-profit clients. Direct support includes:
- Managing the overall implementation plan for data-informed decision making, executing on deliverables in a timely, high quality way and communicating progress to nonprofit client and ResultsLab team members.
- Directly leading data collection, data analysis and data reporting practices.
- Engaging nonprofit team members to integrate and uphold measurement practices.
- Troubleshooting with nonprofit clients on challenges to implementation.
- Develop reports, presentations, training material and web content as directed.
- Support meetings and workshops through planning, logistics and follow up as directed.
- Steward high-quality relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years direct experience in evaluation and/or performance measurement, specifically conducting data collection, management, analysis, and development of data communications products.
- Experience collecting data within diverse populations, using a variety of methods and tools.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize raw data (qualitative and quantitative) quickly and accurately.
- Demonstrated experience compiling data in a clear, concise written and visual format.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clarity and precision in both written and verbal capacities.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of others and develop relationships with clients, community members and team members.
- Comfortable facilitating group sessions and/or speaking in front of groups.
- Passion for supporting organizations that service children, youth and families.
- Strong desire to contribute to a collaborative team atmosphere, dive in where needed, and learn new skills as needed to support excellent service to our customers.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of qualitative analysis tools such as NVivo, Atlas.ti, Dedoose, or other comparable tools.
- Working knowledge of data reporting and visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau or comparable packages.
- Strategic thinker with the proven ability to identify opportunities, formulate solutions, and gain support from stakeholders.
- Advanced degree in public policy, social science, public health, or related field.
- Experience working in a nonprofit, foundation, or government agency.
- Exposure to and experience using one or more data management systems, such as Airtable, Salesforce, ETO, Apricot, mySQL, or others and a willingness to learn additional systems.
- Demonstrated experience with R, SPSS, or comparable analytic packages.
- Consulting experience.
- Spanish language proficiency.
- K-12 education experience.
ResultsLab is a consulting firm with options for team members to work. ResultsLab cultivates an inclusive, flexible, and innovative work environment finding new solutions for impact in the social sector and focusing on excellence for those we serve.
The ideal candidate will increase our ability to connect with and develop strong working relationships with the diverse communities served by our client organizations. We actively seek a diverse pool of applicants from, or who have worked closely with, historically underrepresented groups, including but not limited to people with disabilities, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, first or second generation immigrants, and all socioeconomic backgrounds.
To be considered for this position, apply here.