Summary Of Position:
The Coordinator of Violence Response will provide immediate response for gender-based and interpersonal violence, including interpersonal violence (including sexual assault and domestic/partner violence), harassment, and stalking and will provide on-going advocacy for survivors and concerned others associated with acts of interpersonal violence. Some nights and weekends required.
Bachelor's degree required.
Special Skills Or Experience:
Certificate of completion for 20+ hours advocacy training from a recognized rape crisis center to serve as a confidential advocate in North Carolina.
Part-time, volunteer, or employment experience with response and advocacy programs for survivors of interpersonal violence preferred.
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time Regular
Degree/Major: Public Health, Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, or related field preferred.
Length Of Experience:
Part-time, volunteer, or employment experience with response and advocacy programs for survivors of interpersonal violence preferred, but not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide trauma-informed and culturally responsive immediate response via 24/7 SafeLine and on-going advocacy for all reported acts of interpersonal violence (including sexual assault and domestic/partner violence, harassment and stalking) to primary and secondary survivors;
- Serve as primary violence responder for SafeLine during the designated work day 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday when the University is open). This includes phone and in-person response;
- Serves in an on-call rotation with the back-up violence responders for SafeLine during weeknights (5pm - 8am Monday through Friday); on-call approximately 20 weeks per year;
- Supervise part-time night/weekend violence responders
- Provide oversight for violence response team, including night/weekend responders;
- Provide training, management, and scheduling of back-up and night/weekend violence responders;
- Manage electronic record database and produce annual reports;
- Maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality;
- Maintain and update policy and procedure manual;
- Coordinate follow-up care for survivors of interpersonal violence (which may include criminal justice processes or Title IX processes);
- Advocate, when needed, for policies, processes, and systems that are responsive to the needs of survivors/victims;
- Contribute to the planning and development of violence prevention and survivor support initiatives and collaborate with the Associate Director of the Gender and LGBTQIA Center and the Title IX staff on the implementation of gender violence prevention initiatives such as programming during New Student Orientation, Sexual Assault Awareness Month, Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and Stalking Awareness month.
- Work closely with community partners such as CrossRoads Sexual Assault Response and Resource Center and Family Abuse Services to provide victim advocacy to students, provide education programs, coordinate service opportunities and serve as a member of the county-wide Sexual Assault Response Team (SART);
- Coordinate training for key campus and community partners around survivor support, such as trauma-informed investigations and responding to disclosures;
- Coordinate training for campus and community partners around gender-based violence prevention, consent, and sex positivity;
- Maintain relationships and regular communication with student organizations whose purpose is to promote sexual and relationship health and awareness on campus, such as SPARKS, SPACE and Effect;
- Create and maintain MOUs with relevant campus and community partners;
- Attend NCCASA and NCCADV member meetings and biennial conferences;
- Serve as a reporting party to campus committees such as the university Sexual Assault and Gender Issues Committee (SAGIC);
- Serve on the university committees, work groups, and task forces;
- Other duties as assigned
Requires occasional night and weekend on-call and response duties.
Direct supervision of part-time violence response staff.
Direct & indirect supervision of undergraduate student employees and volunteers.
Apply at https://elon.peopleadmin.com/postings/7988. Elon University is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes all applicants.