This position provides direct clinical counseling services to university students, consultations with university staff, faculty, students, and families, coordinate outreach programming to the University campus community, assist in training of selected graduate students at the University Counseling Center.
This team member is expected to participate in professional development opportunities and continuing education to maintain licensure. The team member may also provide supervision to trainees. Familiarity with basic computer technology and software is beneficial.
This position includes a robust benefits package, including a retirement contribution from the University. UCC will also provide professional development opportunities and reimburse for travel expenses.
The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations.
- Provide professional, time effective, mental health services for UW campus community, including group counseling, workshops, individual brief therapy, assessment (drop-in and intake sessions), referrals as needed, and crisis services during office hours and after-hours. Flexibility and readiness to provide outreach activities during non-office hours.
- Coordinate outreach programming for a variety of campus partners and diverse needs.
- Complete necessary and required clinical and administrative paperwork in timely manner and consistent with professional standards and office expectations.
- Provide consultation to parents, faculty, and staff about mental health topics; provide presentations to various groups on campus on a variety of mental health topics.
- Attend administrative, training, and clinical meetings.
- Contribute to collaborations with relevant campus and community partners (e.g., participate in coalition meetings, hiring committees).
- Conduct evaluations of counseling; assist in research; prepare documents for the institution.
- Participate in professional development opportunities and in-service training.
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- Developing Organizational Talent
- Quality Orientation
- Ability to Learn
- Master’s Degree in a mental health discipline and two years’ experience working in the mental health field.
- Licensed mental health professional (e.g., Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Psychologist) strongly preferred, but license-eligible candidates will be considered depending on qualifications and time required to become licensed. Please address license status in application materials.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- College counseling experience. Knowledge of and experience providing group counseling, workshops, time-effective therapy, and crisis intervention services. Expertise providing treatment for trauma survivors, including survivors of sexual assault.
- Demonstrated commitment to clinical work, outreach, training, and wellness, and integration of developmental perspective in these endeavors. Advocacy for multiculturalism and diversity in counseling.
- Dedication to working as a team. Ability to manage conflict and to communicate effectively during problem-solving. Knowledge of and interest in providing supervision to trainees.
- This position requires knowledge and skills in the following specific areas: professional ethical guidelines, including the maintenance of confidentiality; effective mental health assessment, intervention (including group counseling and workshops), and referral; effective rapport-building and interpersonal work with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds; personal stress awareness and management; and clinical supervision.
Complete the online application. In addition to the online application upload the following: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
This position will remain open until filled. Complete applications received by 02/07/2023 will receive full consideration.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email email@example.com.