Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You’ll learn the ins and outs of the Quorum products and begin to familiarize yourself on common use cases. You’ll receive training on sales skills that will set you up for success
- First Month: You’ll learn how to conduct research on how to identify and contact prospective clients. You will leverage communication tools to design and execute lead generation campaigns via cold-calls, e-mail, and social media. You will schedule sales meetings with high-level decision makers in the public affairs industry
- First Six Months: You will think creatively to develop strategies around outreach and generating interest in Quorum from many potential clients. You’ll receive training and professional development to help you build career currency and elevate your skills.
- First Year: You will own execution on company-wide objectives that will build Quorum as a leader in the industry. You will become an expert on Quorum’s products, the public affairs and government relations industry, and the competitive landscape
- You have a keen ability to build meaningful, collaborative relationships with prospective clients and members of the Quorum team
- You are interested in and excited by the prospect of learning about B2B sales
- You want to make a big impact on the growth strategy of a startup
- You are an active listener with boundless curiosity and are eager to learn
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are a problem-solver, have a keen ability to prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively
- You have exposure to the legislative process or in politics and advocacy more broadly; whether it be working on a campaign, on the hill, or in legislative advocacy
- You're a highly-motivated self-starter who is results-driven and wants to make valuable contributions to a growing team
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment where you can form real friendships with other professionals and where you have a strong sense of belonging at a growing startup
About the Business Development Team
- We’re a close-knit team of innovative, hardworking, and optimistic people who value responsibility, productive discourse, and personal growth
- We work hard to deliberately develop our team member’s careers. We are voracious learners and will be your mentors, confidantes, and supporters
- Our team is dedicated to building and growing a remarkable company. Working at Quorum is unique and particularly fulfilling because each team member’s work directly impacts the company’s success
Our Work Environment
- We usually work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office. During the COVID-19 health crisis, most of our team members are working from home in locations around the world. Team members will have the option to work from home until at least June 1, 2021. Those that feel safe re-entering the office earlier can apply to be part of a pilot re-entry program. All candidates need to be willing and able to relocate to the Washington DC area in 2021.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
Do you want to learn what it's like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
Business Development Career Growth Pathway
All Business Development Associates are enrolled in an approximately two year training program to move from through four (4) career levels from Business Development Associate to a Senior Business Development Representative as outlined below. The training program helps team members to learn foundational business and sales skills. Team members who successfully pass periodic sign-offs and complete the program are well equipped to transition into full-time sales roles as Account Executives or transfer onto other teams (e.g., Customer Success).