Who we are:
Berkshire is an HR consulting firm based in Columbia, MD. We are a leader in Affirmative Action consulting, with other specialties in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Compensation Services, Applicant Tracking, and Training.
A quick snapshot about the position:
Berkshire is looking for a motivated learner to join our team. Our new Business Development Support Representative will assist our growing team in driving new business, nurturing current contacts, and assisting in the complex proposal and RFI process.
We need an outside-the-box thinker who possesses excellent writing and research skills. This is a new position in a company that is poised to grow, and your role will grow along with it.
About the role
- Spend 2-3 months learning all about Berkshire Associates products and services, our business model and how we serve our clients.
- Develop a solid understand of the technology used by Berkshire – including our proprietary software, SalesForce, Conga and FinancialForce
- Partner with the sales and marketing teams to review, revise and support ongoing messaging and marketing collateral.
- Monitor and qualify inbound leads as assigned and convert your leads into sales qualified opportunities.
- Support account executives and business development team with complex proposals, client presentations and correspondence
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients.
- Track interactions with clients and prospects to build the company’s knowledge base.
- Work with sales to research new prospects and users and develop and implement appropriate engagement strategies.
- Support marketing and sales in finding leads through various research techniques and analyses.
- Research target companies and sectors that align with Berkshire’s target audience.
- Communicate with manager and internal teams about sales progress and prepare peers for client onboarding and create internal awareness of client needs.
- 2-3 or more of complex sales or SaaS experience Sales Development Representative.
- Degree in business, marketing, or related subject
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrable commercial experience, particularly in B2B
- Excellent communication skills, especially as a writer
- Solid negotiation skills
- Organizational skills with a keen eye for detail
- Fluent English
Nice to Have
- Spanish language skills
- Experience in the Affirmative Action space.
Skills: research, writing, tech savvy, MS tools proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), marketing and sales
Adjectives: detail oriented, creative thinker,
What others say about you: work well under pressure and with deadlines, is a team player
If you are interested and you meet the requirements, we invite you to join the team!!
Berkshire is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Berkshire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.